gemma_nixon

New open plan space - ideas for the snug/lounge space?

Gemma Nixon
hace 8 años
We've recently extended and are really pleased with the new kitchen/dining area. The snug/lounge space though still looks a little dark and lacking something. Any inspiration would be greatfully received!

Comentarios (6)

• Tom Flanagan
    hace 8 años

Great space! Have you thought about getting a floor lamp or two, instead of the wall lamps? Changing the wallpaper might brighten things up too!

• PRO
    Mellow Duck
    hace 8 años

Hi Gemma, I wonder whether you could boost with pink - change the cushions and add a bold ottoman/footstool/coffee table. Our Muscovy or Pekin would look great, either in your choice of fabric or one of ours - both below are covered in Grassington "suede", waterproof yet beautiful in either Blueberry or Byzantium. Hope that helps!

Pekin in Byzantum Grassington "suede" · Más información

• louisep2012
    hace 8 años
    I think your snug will always seem a little dark as the room has been elongated with the extension. I think the best you could do is pop a mirror in the snug, the biggest you can afford to see if that makes a difference. A lighter coloured rug possibly?
    It's a great space though and I like the wallpaper :)
    It would be a shame to lose the original door but could you change it for one with glass panels in to let light in from the hall?
  • PRO
    Cobalt Moon Design
    hace 8 años

It's a beautiful space. I think a splash of colour is all that is needed. Some lovely curtains and cushions. I've just done the same to my kitchen.

Contemporary Kitchen · Más información

• Gemma Nixon
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks everyone, lots of great ideas. I've gone for the option which involves the least disruption! I've purchased a couple of large dark pink cushions and bought a large mirror for the papered wall. Will post a pic when the mirror has made it on to the wall at the weekend! Agree that the snug will always look a little dark but hoping the mirror will open it up.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.