Houzz Logo Print
lbberg

window treatment/ above bed decor

lbberg
hace 8 años
This is my bedroom. There is 1 window off center of the bed. Any ideas of window treatments/ above bed decor would be highly appreciated. HELP!

Comentarios (13)

• tippie64
    hace 8 años
    You could do curtains all across the wall.
  • leelee
    hace 8 años

Is this the only wall for the bed? What are the other walls like? "The Rule" is bed across from door so when you enter you're looking at the foot of the bed. Is this how your room is set up?

• lbberg
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    yep- I'm basically standing in the doorway when I took this picture. The wall left of the bed is an outside door
  • leelee
    hace 8 años

It might look better to move the bed to the right away from the window. Looks like the bed is crowding the window. Even just 12 inches would help.

• lbberg
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    That's an idea- but this is centered not only on the wall but under a vaulted trey(tray?) ceiling. So unfortunately not really an option for me.
  • A C
    hace 8 años
    Curtain panels hung close to the crown moulding over the real window and over the wall to match symmetrically. The higher hung panel will make the room and window seem bigger. I would do a large rectangular mirror over the bed just to bounce more light around the room
  • PRO
    KCR Interiors LLC
    hace 8 años

I would suggest putting a large mirror above your side table opposite the window to get balance. Two art pieces above the bed centered with your wall washer lighting, and lastly, simple white linen side panels on each side of your window.

• lbberg
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    So it sounds like the room would be best served by covering the window completely? Either by balancing drapes on either side or totally covering the wall in drapes?
  • Geneviève
    hace 8 años

One panel to the side ,just like this

J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio · Más información

• lbberg
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thank you all for such great suggestions!
  • guastevav
    hace 8 años

Vanguard development LA, you have an eye for details!!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.