Houzz Logo Print
tob123

Please advice me how to decorate corner with serving table

tob123
hace 8 años

We moved china buffet from kitchen corner..Kitchen has an open concept with living room.Now I try to fill in gap....Still is not satisfied.Any pics and any advices will be appreciated.Help please!

Comentarios (21)

• tob123
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Now on the photo i see may be I need to hang up picture lower a bit for better balance?

• PRO
    Inspired Closets of Greater Boston
    hace 8 años

Put a table runner with a pop of color on your beautiful wood furniture to tie in the painting!

• Ann
    hace 8 años

Yes, art much lower (no more than 8" from top of furniture). Then, I'd move both vases elsewhere and scoot the candles in just a little more toward the center bowl. I'd remove the items from the bottom shelf and leave it empty. Keep it simple.

• felixgrantham
    hace 8 años

Remove vases & dinky candles & wire basket. Move black bowl into lower shelf, stagger the candles to the left of the picture, with the one closest to the corner further back and the second one a little closer to the front of the chest.

• felixgrantham
    hace 8 años

Also, lower the picture and get it rematted with a mat that covers the white edges. If you can afford it, buy a thicker frame as well. Or, you might search garage sales & thrift stores for one - your picture appears to be fairly standard size.

• tob123
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@ Mark. Yes It is really better now than was. I like blue/teal bowl.

• tob123
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@ Ann and @felixgrantham I will move picture lower. I see it is not right now.When I hung on it on the wall I used rule-the middle of the picture has to be in eyes level. I can not remate unfortunately.Picture was a gift from artist...the same as frame.Will try work with what it is.

• carolt924
    hace 8 años

Lower picture, both candlesticks together on the left, staggered as felixgrantham stated. I would place the vase you currently have on the left side on the right. Have your three pieces slightly toward center, maybe a bit overlapping the picture. Remove remaining objects, not all surfaces need to have something on them.

• tob123
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@ Closet Classics of Andover.Thank you for a compliment to this piece of furniture that belonged to my husband's mom. We keep it as memory.

• pcmom1
    hace 8 años

I would start by taking everything off. Right now you have too much on the top and a few lightweight items below.

Now put the glass bowl where the silver basket was on the lower shelf.

Put the two tall candlesticks close together on the left hand side on the top.

Put only one of the vases on the right, the larger one.

Let's see how that works.

• tob123
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Here is a pic of what I did just using what I have. I will buy blue/teal bowl at Home Goods...they have different things all the time that I love. I like idea to go blue/teal/turquoise with accent. Living room that is open to kitchen has a lot of terracotta leather furniture . So I thought it is right thing to make some balance with color.

I moved picture down. May be too down. It is 8 inches from frame to the top of sideboard.

Sorry my English...it is not my native language.

• carolt924
    hace 8 años

Looks much better, although I think the vase of flowers is competing for attention with your artwork. Blue candles on candlesticks look great.

• Ann
    hace 8 años

Much nicer and art is definitely not too low!

• tob123
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I moved all things as pcmom1 suggested...Is it a bit empty?

I made some pic with ceiling line... to see proper how it works with height.

• carolt924
    hace 8 años

How about replacing vase with the bowl? Also, stagger the candlesticks.

• tob123
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I changed vase on smaller one...Ohhhhhhh did not work at all.Looks old fashioned. And flowers overwhelmed vase. I need to look for something more up-to-date, more contemporary.

Here is some different...It is what i have.

In reality top looks empty. I fight with wish to bring more decor.

• Ann
    hace 8 años

My favorite was your first change - with the big flowers.

tob123 agradeció a Ann
  • carolt924
    hace 8 años

Not there yet, like those candlesticks and blue candles. I like the bowl idea, but the one you have is too small and dark. How about a oval or rectangular tray that you could place some smaller decorative pieces on?

tob123 agradeció a carolt924
  • tob123
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@carol, yes I agree. I need to do shopping...to get something nice. It needs time. I got some ideas!!! :-)))))

• pcmom1
    hace 8 años

I think you have come up with lots of good options!

tob123 agradeció a pcmom1
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.