Houzz Logo Print
tarakohlmyer

Need help to choose kitchen backsplash!!

tarakohlmyer
hace 8 años

My kitchen needs a backsplash! I am loving the glass subway tiles but not sure what color? Any advice is appreciated!

Comentarios (4)

• MotherOfGiants
    hace 8 años
    With the other finishes in your kitchen, I'd usually expect a stone backsplash. However, it's your kitchen, and so it doesn't matter what I'd expect. :) Since you love glass subway, I'd recommend staying light and neutral -- cream, tan, etc -- to blend with the rest of the kitchen. Alternatively, you could use the glass as an accent, like the following, but maybe in a mini brick: Check out this photo from http://houzz.com/sr/m=7/u=L3Bob3Rvcy8yMDU0MDU2OA==
  • tarakohlmyer
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@motherofgiants thanks for the input! I really love the subway tiles. I brought home some stone and liked them but we are always cooking and have 4 kids and I feel like the glass tiles would be easier to keep clean. Didn't think of mixing it with accent tiles. Hmm. The one you linked looks nice!

• TanCalGal
    hace 8 años

I agree with mother-o-g, I'd choose a cream subway but I'd opt for no accent tiles.

One of my favorite Houzz designers Maria Killam has a blog and she answered a similar back splash question once: http://www.mariakillam.com/creamsubwaytile/

tarakohlmyer agradeció a TanCalGal
  • PRO
    ArtScape Studios
    hace 8 años

I think a herringbone style tile in warm creams with a few random tiles in light terra-cotta would give the area some "interest" - the herringbone is slanted, thin tiles. You can find this on Amazon.com. I have the same cabinets & similar granite & doing this myself.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.