Houzz Logo Print
kristi6180

Decluttering

Kristi
hace 8 años
Allright now I am going through entire house and decluttering. Question..previously had fake plants and wine bottles above kitchen cabinets but all they did really was collect dust. Should anything really go on top of cabinets when they are low like this? would anything look good or should they just be kept empty?

Comentarios (8)

• bichonbabe
    hace 8 años

The modern look is to keep them empty.

• PRO
    Byrne Design Associates, Inc.
    hace 8 años

I would agree with nothing on top of the cabinets. You might want to consider having a matching crown molding added to the top edge of the cabinets, it will give you a much more finished look to the cabinets and help play down to open space above the cabinets.

• Kristi
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks all! Nice idea on the crown molding. Now just to convince my husband :)
  • Sarah D
    hace 8 años

While many designers today will suggest leaving the tops empty, if you have special plates, vases, or other items that you want to display, go for it! Here's an example of a renovated kitchen where the person continued to display a few select items on top of the cabinets, and not a single commenter criticized the display! https://www.houzz.com/discussions/our-kitchen-joins-the-21st-century-dsvw-vd~3063349?n=24

• hayleydaniels
    hace 8 años

I agree with Sarah D. If you have things you want to display up there, go for it. If you don't, then leave it empty but don't do so just because that's the style. Do so because it's your style.

I collect tin cans food comes in that display above my cabinets. Most of them are from food stuff and have a lot of personality that brightens up my kitchen. l love them, and if they're out of style so be it. It's my house and I'm going to have it the way I want it regardless of the design trends.

• Bette P
    hace 8 años

Don't put anything up there. Would you put decor/art that high on a wall? Nope.

• PRO
    KHB Interiors
    hace 8 años
    I like the idea of the crown molding.

I also like live English Ivy - as long as you remember to water them.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.