Houzz Logo Print
jaymiej1

We need help with 2nd floor bedroom, ensuite & study layout.

Jaymie Johnson
hace 8 años

We have been given this design but aren't entirely convinced on the layout especially with the bedroom having hardly any natural light.

Does anyone have any other ideas to hep us ?

Comentarios (6)

• minnie101
    hace 8 años

Hi Jaymie. I won't be the best to help on this but to prompt response, where is the reduced head height? Are there planning restrictions for windows? Are there restrictions for plumbing? I can see what rooms you have obviously but do you also need all the storage on here?

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 8 años
    If you have a glazed sliding wall system to separate study area and add larger velux windows on the side they are drawn - ideally big enough to escape through if needed - this will help !
  • Andy King
    hace 8 años

How large is the bed in the master bedroom? If it is a standard size double you may wish to consider reconfiguring to fit a superking bed. This could be achieved by reducing the height of the 'his dressing' cupboard (assuming you have no full-length garments), something which may make it easier to fit larger rooflights (if allowed).

As minnie101 points out the existing floorplan gives you loads of storage but do you need it all? A more radical step could be to share the 'hers dressing' 50:50, have built-indrawers running along the top of the property (where 'his dressing' is), make the top right storage area smaller (or even eliminate), and have even larger windows/rooflights than One Plan suggested.

• Jonathan
    hace 8 años
    Do you need the study?
    Personally I would have the ensuite where the study is and a bigger main bedroom. I would also make the landing at the top of the stairs bigger so you have a grander entrance to your main bedroom.
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Marple Kitchens & bedrooms
    hace 7 años

Most things are possible with doors

totally bespoke

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.