Houzz Logo Print
lvolpe9

Should we cut down the trees on sides of front porches?

lvolpe9
hace 8 años

Comentarios (17)

• Frank
    hace 8 años
    Yes you should, distracts from that beautiful exterior of your home.
  • lvolpe9
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Our concern exactly. Our home is up for sale now and we want the best possible presentation.

• Frank
    hace 8 años
    Yes, definitely cut them then and replace pics online once you do. Best of luck selling! If you're in PA like me, now is the time, houses are selling fast.
    lvolpe9 agradeció a Frank
  • lvolpe9
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

yep. The only bummer is that they provide awesome shade. But I think the time has come. They make the house look older than it really is.

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

i think it would look better with them gone. but you could try just taking down the least useful one first (shadewise) and see if its ok not matchymatchy side to side.

• miacometlady
    hace 8 años
    Why don't you bring in several potential realtors? Get their spin. Maybe people would be more grateful for shade in a hot climate then you think.
  • willy4
    hace 8 años
    Cut them, they block the windows and make the house messy and unkept. It is such a beautiful home show it off, it will sell!
  • lvolpe9
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

nnigrt, I'm way too OCD to have only one tree. :-) It would have to be both for sure.

• lvolpe9
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

miacometlady, we've had some showings already and nobody has ever mentioned the trees. If anything, they comment on how pretty they are...which, from the porch looking outward, they really are gorgeous. But thanks for the tip! I think the overall consensus is to remove them for sure as they detract from the house itself.

• lvolpe9
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

thanks willy4. agreed!

• PRO
    LUXURY,FARM,RANCH & LAND GROUP
    hace 8 años

cut them down . too big and too close to the house. distracting

• C W
    hace 8 años
    House is pretty. Show it off. Cut trees down.
  • lilywhisker
    hace 8 años

I'd say yes. As I poet-carpenter I know once said, "A tree either is the view or blocks it." If its not the view you want, then take it down.

• PRO
    SAL'S LANDSCAPING & LAWN CARE SERVICE
    hace 8 años

I would not cut them down. I would trim them. The size of the trees in my opinion balance the grandness of the columns. I would trim the sides in about a foot and take 3-4' off the top but still have them trimmed to a point.

• halfpint2
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Since you're selling the home, you might want to see if having the shrubs cut lower and sculpted would be cheaper.

• AnhitA Nazeri
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

NO do not cut...square top them in Half and trim them into shape add some colorful plant from Home Depot or Garden Center

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.