Houzz Logo Print
danerkebab

Revamped bedroom

Dan Simpson
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

My teens bedroom is looking a bit dull and boring and he needs some tips on how to spice things up.its quite a long room that's not that wide and I'm finding it hard to get a good design any tips?

Comentarios (7)

• minnie101
    hace 8 años

Hi. I would try rearranging the furniture slightly. Try the desk on the back wall next to the wardrobe. Swap the chest of drawers and bed around (assuming the door will open, hard to tell from pics!). There's quite a contrast between the blue and cream walls. It looks as if your son has london skyline pillows (or it looks like St Paul's from what I can see!). If so, why not try a slightly urban look? You can get enormous wall murals from around £30. Try the London skyline or maybe a banksy mural or something he's interested in. Unless you can afford made to measure just get the biggest one, centre on the wall and paint the remainder so it acts as a border (depending in the image you may be able to trim the top and bottom so height wise it fits perfectly). If a mural isn't up his street try brick wallpaper and add street signs (you can get cheap vinyl ones if on a budget) or prints of whatever he's interested in. If he likes the blue (is he a chelsea fan?!) , paint the window wall in a soft grey/blue. If he doesn't maybe try navy or charcoal grey. Adding a throw ( a manly one!) and 1/2 cushions on the bed will help. If he likes the street signs idea you can get these or tube stations etc pretty cheaply or just add dark grey ones with a bit of texture.

• crowningfashion
    hace 8 años

I agree with playing with the furniture layout, I would also add the colour grey in the form of blinds, bed linen, rug etc as it will compliment the blue beautifully.

I suggest also adding framed prints of various sizes grouped together and sorting out the xbox and tv presentation.

To this end I would place the bed on the wall where the wardrobe is. I would purchase another wardrobe to match what you currently have and place both wardrobes side by side on the wall where the tv is. I would remove the back of one wardrobe so the tv etc is built in and hidden away.Place the chest of drawers where the wardrobe currently is located,

Place the desk where the bed currently is (or thereabouts allowing for walk around room for the bed) and then see where the bedside cabinet will fit. It may not be needed because the chest of drawers will also double as a bedside cabinet with this configuration.

Where the bedside cabinet is located I would purchase a cheap bedroom chair (charity shop) and have it recovered to match the curtains and bed throw.

• k11agl
    hace 8 años
    I'm tempted to ditch all the IKEA furniture and get a decent or built in wardrobe behind the door, integrating some drawers. Found some good quality ones from furniture village, not much more expensive than the IKEA PAX, that's worth a look. I would definitely change the full length curtains to some blinds, Roman perhaps, just long enough to cover the window. I think this will make the room look less narrow and create some sense of space. Then if you have the budget, I would build shallow shelves (in white) on both sides of the window and perhaps put a small desk at one side and the fish tank on the other. Can also opt for soft furnishing, bean bags are my favourite nowadays and if you are not into brands, you can easily find some decent quality ones for a few tenners at Amazon.co.uk. I sense there is an ensuite next to the entrance to the room? Good luck and share photos when you are done!
  • Dan Simpson
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    I like the ideas especially putting the desk next to the window and getting some beanbags but where would you suggest I put the beanbags and the bed? The vinyl street signs seem a good idea and I think they would work also I was thinking about maybe painting the walls white with a navy blue contrast for the curtains and bed cover what do you think?
  • k11agl
    hace 8 años
    I have sliding doors for my wardrobe so can just place a bean bag in front of it, or a laundry basket, as the door doesn't open outwards. Otherwise, you can have a small table by one side of bed and a bean bag on the other. I think you will have enough space if you move the Malm drawers behind the door (providing door can fully open, obviously!) Bean bags are great as you can move them around. If your teenager sit by the desk a mate (or you) can sit in the bean bag next to the desk and have a good old chat, play some music, etc. don't think you can put the bed in another direction, I did think of its head against the window but you will lose quite a bit of wall space so I probably won't do that (there's another door next to the room entrance?).

you are right about that blue wall, it somehow makes the room feel very long. If you fancy a feature perhaps give it all white on the walls and have a blue ceiling instead? For a room of that shape it might work quite well.
  • funkyfreak
    hace 8 años
    Hi do you know the room dimensions?

If you have a floor plan with the measurements, door and window placement I could work on a little something which could help you and your son decide what's best. :)
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.