Houzz Logo Print
ruxandra_tepelea

dark leather furniture in small livingroom

Ruxandra Tepelea
hace 8 años

How do I lighten up and keep cozy a small living room with dark leather couch set?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

A light area rug and some light pillows and drapes could help and make sure you don't have too much furniture in the space.

• PRO
    Kim Nielsen Interiors
    hace 8 años

Every room needs layers. Mixing materials, colors and textures complete a room. I see this same problem over & over. People tend to go with dark furniture and dark upholstery. This weighs down a room and creates no interest. If you have dark leather furniture, add a coffee table that is the opposite of dark. Try a coffee table with a silver or gold base or a light, rustic wood. Add unique accent tables. Lighting is very important. Use lamps with colorful bases or a light rustic wood base. Nothing completes a room without accessories. I would love to know more about your style so I could help you with selections to make your room feel lighter, yet still cozy. You may go to my website or contact me directly. kimnielseninteriors@gmail.com

Best,

Kim

www.KimNielsenInteriors.com

• Emmy
    hace 8 años

What they said! Make sure there are some dark spots opposite the couch set just so they don't seem completely out of place, but try to bring in lots of light accents with your drapes, throws, pillows, and other furniture. I always think that with dark leather, distressed furniture looks great. It allows you to have small spots of dark that pop out from behind the paint, but still have an overall light paint color white helps reflect light.

Open Neutral Living Room · Más información

• PRO
    Recliners.LA
    hace 8 años

Chocolate brown leather looks beautiful against cream walls. Great photo Emmy!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.