Houzz Logo Print
amickaa

picking tile backsplash help!

amickaa
hace 9 años

I'm having trouble deciding between a biscuit colored subway tile or mosaic. Our granite is a little busy so I like the mosaic but I don't want the two to clash. Also the biscuit tile shown in the pic is bigger than what I want but I couldn't find a sample piece in right size, I like the size of the adjacent gray tile.

Comentarios (13)

• Lori
    hace 9 años

agree with Ann

• kimberlysc
    hace 9 años
    Subway tile in biscuit would be beautiful and easy on the eyes.
  • Maureen
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

You are going to get so many suggestions you may be more mixed up! I think the first is too busy and all of them are seen so often. Have you considered a narrow/long subway and maybe place in a herringbone pattern (or just use that pattern over the stove). Using a brown tile would compliment the granite and hardware.

Island Park - Kitchen · Más información

• miacometlady
    hace 9 años
    Even the most muted mosaic tile translates as busy ( see first pic) . I think your music tile is the pretties I have seen, but I think it will be busy for you. Now some people like that kind of energy but since you are already doubting it, it seems like you might not want to go that way. To add personality, you can add a subtly frame over stove with your biscuit tile in a herringbone pattern.
  • User
    hace 9 años
    Biscuit subway. If you use the mosaic, you'll have a lot of grout lines to keep clean. And the pattern is too busy and will compete with the granite, if you really love the mosaic, I suggest that you place it over the sink or stove as a square inset, or run a line of them, no more than 4tiles high, around the room. With the biscuit subway tile between the mosaic and granite, the patterns won't compete as much.
  • miacometlady
    hace 9 años
    Mosaics to ceiling can work though....
  • Ann
    hace 9 años

Mia, notice how calm or solid the counters are in your examples with mosaics to the ceiling.

• derk5
    hace 9 años

I think the mosaic tile will be too busy and will date your kitchen more quickly.

• PRO
    Tile Wholesalers
    hace 9 años

Try combining sizes of a neutral colored field tile and adding just a bit of an accent to pull a color from the granite. This backsplash with products from Sonoma Tilemaker's combines 3x6 and 4x4 field tiles with a Tantrum Glass liner for a subtle accent. Note the installation of the 3x6's in a running bond, 4x4's in a traditional laout and the 4x4's on a 45 degree angle.

• lyndyloug
    hace 9 años
    This is what I did to add a little dimension
  • User
    hace 9 años

Yes, like this! You get to use the tiles you love, but the mosaic won't clash, because it is not right up against the tile. I don't think I'd use a herringbone pattern, you'll be getting "busy" again. I would use only 4 of your mosaic tiles, for the width of your strip, at least 2 subway widths up from the counter. great job lyndyloug!

And, you'll use much less of the mosaic, a cost savings!

• Ann
    hace 9 años

I put a mosaic strip in my kitchen 10 years ago and just had it removed and filled with the plain tile above it. It's just personal opinion, but I think decorative stripes are dated. I still have them in my bathrooms and showers, but wish I didn't.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.