Houzz Logo Print
dennis_sanchez88

Heating Unit - Eyesore, Need help!

Dennis Sanchez
hace 8 años

Hello! Any ideas on how to utilize the corner space of my apartment, given that there is a large brown heating unit with vent connecting to the wall? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Cashman Interior Design
    hace 8 años

I would have a vented cabinet made to surround it. You could make it only as high as the unit or you could have it built to the ceiling with open shelving above the heating unit box. It would be just three sided, and if you move, you could take it with you. Just make sure that the bottom cabinet is well vented so the heat can escape safely.

Dennis Sanchez agradeció a Cashman Interior Design
  • Dennis Sanchez
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Awesome. I had thought of that idea, but as I'm doing more research, I'm finding some folks saying that those heating units are not safe anymore. Honestly, and I may be weird for saying this, but I kind of like its quirkiness. And the landlord says it works really well. About how much do these units cost to build? Or is it something that can be done DIY?

• PRO
    Cashman Interior Design
    hace 8 años

If you have basic carpentry skills and can paint, it's a pretty straight forward project involving 2 x 4's, wood cut to size for shelves, screws and a drill.

It's good that it works well, and it's quirkiness has its charm. It's your home so if you like it you should celebrate it!

Dennis Sanchez agradeció a Cashman Interior Design
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.