Houzz Logo Print
schiari211

Will this sink fit a 27" cabinet?

schiari211
hace 8 años

We are interested in putting this sink in our brand new kitchen. http://www.houzersink.com/our-products/ms-2409-undermount-single-bowl/

A sales person at a reputable kitchen/bath/plumbing store recommended it as a great quality/more affordable option to Elkay or Franke sinks. She knows we have a 27" cabinet. When I looked on the Houzer website though, it says it fits a 30" sink cabinet. Does that mean the minimum size it fits is 30"? I feel like it's already about as small as I would want for a kitchen sink. Will I really have to go smaller to fit the cabinet or is there a common work around? As I understand it, undermount sinks are held by clips that are attached to the countertop (we are doing quartz by the way). While the sink bowl should fit fine in a 27" cabinet, will there be room for the mounting clips?

Thanks for your help!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Kitchen Cabinet Kings
    hace 8 años

Typically you will want to purchase an actual sink that is 3" less than the sink base. So a SB27 will accept a sink 24" W and less without issue. We looked up the specs of this model for you, it is 23 11/16" W, so this should fit without issue.

Good luck with your remodel!

• schiari211
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thank you!
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 8 años

"As I understand it, undermount sinks are held by clips that are attached to the countertop (we are doing quartz by the way)."

Mechanically fasteners into quartz is not a manufacturer recommend procedure. Lots of stoners do this and carry it over when they do estone. Have your fabricator follow the manufacturer's fabrication and installation instructions and/or use a Hercules Universal Sink Harness or a Sink Strap. These products attach to the cabinets, not countertops. If you ever have to change your sink, you'll be glad you did.

schiari211 agradeció a Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • schiari211
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Oh, I didn't know that. I was just going by the spec sheet from the Houzer sink. I hadn't thought to ask the stone company how they attach the sink. Thank you.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.