Houzz Logo Print
seoulone

what backsplash?

seoulone
hace 8 años
Help! I am not sure if I should get tiles or a glass backsplash. Kitchen is a modern design with clean lines. A white quartz countertop with French grey units (green looking) I am leaning towards pale grey for the backsplash but could go bolder?Any advice welcome

Comentarios (26)

• PRO
    Sort Our Stuff
    hace 8 años
    If work surface is white the backsplash would look classier in white - try to get a sample first to check whites match. Or could you colour match the colour of the units?
    Tiles definitely not an option?
    seoulone agradeció a Sort Our Stuff
  • PRO
    Alaris London
    hace 8 años
    Glass, because tiles looks too busy, you also have the grout to clean, discolouring takes place over time. And a neutral colour if you can
    seoulone agradeció a Alaris London
  • standroid
    hace 8 años
    Mirror?
  • wildone12
    hace 8 años
    Having had both the best I have seen is a mirror, just one long strip, gives light and a feeling of space
  • Frank
    hace 8 años
    Since these days you can get large-format thin tiles (lamina tiles - the likes of Kerlite, Neolith, Laminam, Porcel-thin and others; quite a few Italian tile suppliers provide such today) it's not really a "only glass is seamless" choice anymore. They come in lengths up to three meters.
    If you like say the look of marble or matted pastel colours such tiles can provide that. They don't "have the tile look" that classical small squares exemplify.
  • puffinrock
    hace 8 años
    Try VEW surfaces, it is vitreous enamel on steel and can be thin format, I have just ordered one with a customised pattern on it.

My thought was that I could use it as a piece of art if I ever wanted to change it! Made in the UK also.
  • C Don
    hace 8 años
    I would recommend glass splash back. I have cream units and a red glass splash back. It is stunning, and dead easy to keep clean...you just ignore it and it stays clean.
  • nonnya
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años
    Tiles look pretty but are awkward to clean because of the grout lines.
    Glass looks smart & is a doddle to clean. You could go for a contrasting colour rather than try to get an exact match (borrow samples to try). However, if you need any odd shapes cut (eg. to go around extractor) it does get rather expensive.
    A mirror's a nice idea, but remember you'd get all the clutter reflected, making the room look doubly untidy! And if it's near a hob it must be toughened.
  • User
    hace 8 años
    I would have glass, but paint the back of it white so it shows through to the front.
  • Jan Pointon
    hace 8 años
    Sw
  • loubrad1973
    hace 8 años
    I'm looking for a grey colour to have with a stilestone maple blanco or Stella work top
    You say this is green looking is that right?
    Does anyone know a grey colour which would go with white work top anthracite bi folds and light oak flooring.
    Or anyone know grey which is a grey grey or a stainless steel silvery mid grey which would look lovely and work with what I'm describing ? Thanks
  • crowsnest_treasures
    hace 8 años
    I love the pressed tin.
  • Winnie Westwood
    hace 8 años
    If you fancy a statement backsplash, have a look at pimpyour backsplash. I'm planning to have something from them for my project, but not decided which design yet.
  • valduff
    hace 8 años
    I have mirror either side of hob & glass behind hob - easy to clean & not too fussy.
  • Scott Hedger
    hace 8 años
    Saffron yellow!
  • Stella Pullar-Strecker
    hace 8 años
    I'd go for metro tiles or marble for texture.
  • PRO
    DIY Splashbacks
    hace 8 años
    We're with Valduff. Shades of purple and plum can really add depth to a chic scheme like yours. Particularly with your gorgeous counter top.
    Grey is also a good call, as it will coordinate with your kitchen units but allow room to add coloured accessories.
    It can depend on the light quality in your room- we always recommend grabbing some tester opts in a range of shades. Paint your walls or A4 sheets, and see what the colours look like as the light changes throughout the day.
  • loubrad1973
    hace 8 años

what it the name of the white quartz counter top in this picture - i believe they all have individual names maple blanco mont blanc etc whats yours?

• User
    hace 8 años
    Splash back in UK.
  • PRO
    Mirrorworks, The Antique Mirror Glass Company
    hace 8 años
    Antique mirror glass is a very popular choice these days it should be toughened if it's going to go behind a hob. And if you go for a heavily distressed finish you won't have to watch yourself slaving over a hot stove!
  • turquoisetree53
    hace 8 años

Sorry, just think you will regret a (on-trend-this-minute) purple/plum backsplash.....in nano-seconds. Potentially garish and vulgar. If you want to bring those colours in your cool kitchen, why not do it with accessories?

• valduff
    hace 8 años
    That's a bit strong and insulting turquoisetree. However if you think you will tire of a colour you can always paint the wall and place clear glass over it so that the colour can be changed easily.
  • valduff
    hace 8 años
    That's a bit strong and insulting turquoisetree. However if you think you will tire of a colour you can always paint the wall and place clear glass over it so that the colour can be changed easily.
  • PRO
    Emma Britton Decorative Glass Designer
    hace 8 años

Glass Splashbacks are easy to maintain. I have a nice geo design which gives an effect similar to tiles in grey and would go nicely with your Orla Kiely accessories. Here is a similar kitchen, featuring 'Maple Geo in Grey'. Good luck with your project

• turquoisetree53
    hace 8 años

sorry,Valduff, you have a big, strong (spacious?) lavish kitchen to take and absorb such a powerful quite theatrical statement of purple/ plum. i think it would be far too dramatic for this more modest kitchen. a softer lilac would be better, for example.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.