Houzz Logo Print
marjboyd638

What type of coffee table should I get?

Marj Boyd
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años
Queen Anne lounge recently recovered in plain cream fabric - I do not know what to do for a coffee table, as I don't want too much dark furniture.

Comentarios (12)

• Luke Buckle
    hace 8 años
    I also like glass ones and think they may work to keep the room fro being too visually complicated.
    Marj Boyd agradeció a Luke Buckle
  • PRO
    Romany Lambert Garden Design
    hace 8 años
    The all glass one would be my pick. It can be hard to match/complement the timber arms on your furniture. It would like light, airy and uncluttered.
    Marj Boyd agradeció a Romany Lambert Garden Design
  • mykky48
    hace 8 años
    Definitely the all glass option, sleek and modern to show off your furniture and that gorgeous rug!!
    Marj Boyd agradeció a mykky48
  • Pazz
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años
    Personally, I don't think the all glass table in the second photo would work, it looks way too modern to compliment your existing furniture... I would still go for a glass top table, but instead of trying to find timber legs that will match the colour of your existing timber which can prove difficult, why not go for black metal legs which will pick up the black from your rug and that nice little black side table near the window...

jamesthomas, LLC · Más información

Canterbury House · Más información
    Marj Boyd agradeció a Pazz
  • Barbara Dunstan
    hace 8 años
    Marj,
    Glass for sure as the others have suggsted, as it isn't as noticible in a room almost blending out of sight compared to something made of timber.
    Well done by the way with the reupholstering too, very nice!!
    The original material would probably have been floral no doubt and you have managed to make such an old lounge suite look very modern.
    Marj Boyd agradeció a Barbara Dunstan
  • mykky48
    hace 8 años
    You already have a mix of styles in that room, the architecture is modern with the window frames and stairwell showing in your photo Marj.
    The simplicity of a glass coffee table will tie it all together without distracting from your lovely furniture and that patterned rug. As you say yourself there's enough dark stuff in the room!!
    Marj Boyd agradeció a mykky48
  • PRO
    VMD Interiors
    hace 8 años

You certainly have an interesting mix of styles here. With the Queen Anne style furniture in such a modern space I suggest creating an modern, ecclectic look by using some side tables instead of a coffee table. I also think the small Queen Anne side table against the wall should be replaced with a trunk or ottoman and then have a grouping of side tables in the centre.

Marj Boyd agradeció a VMD Interiors
  • fianou
    hace 8 años

Antique Javanese Boat Teak · Más información

What about an ornate asian coffee table. Something timber and carved white from India, or indonesia or a painted chinese style coffee table. Check out an imports shop. I think a colonial flare would work with the queen anne chairs.

Marj Boyd agradeció a fianou
  • mattban
    hace 8 años
    Balinese would work as they're quite decorative. Many are dark stained timbers but it will still work with your walls and fabrics and the dark timbers.
    Marj Boyd agradeció a mattban
  • Shelley Brauer
    hace 8 años

it actually looks like a Jacobean lounge you have not queen anne , and if thats the case you should pick Jacobean table not glass or balinese it would be tacky in my opinion plus balinese wood has a habit of warping and cracking because its come from a humid climate people don't oil them

Marj Boyd agradeció a Shelley Brauer
  • jlouise31
    hace 8 años

Freedom have a great glass coffee table, we have one in our small living room and it doesn't interfere with the look of the room, visually you hardly see it

Marj Boyd agradeció a jlouise31
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.