Houzz Logo Print
norcaldowneast

Stainless steel kitchen sink vs porcelain?

Caroline
hace 11 años
About to do work on kitchen and debating sink element. Traditional white kitchen with white Carrara marble counter top. What are people's experience good and bad for both? Thanks!

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    User
    hace 11 años
    I love my porcelain sink. Always looks clean, unlike staineless which shows every drop every time you use it.
  • PRO
    Renaissance Marble Works, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    Stainless Steel is the more popular sink at this time. If you get the brushed stainless it is a little bit better with the water spots. You do have to wipe it down to avoid the spotting. I would do a white farm sink with the White Carrara counter top. We have done it many times and there is nothing that is more classic. However, you can't go wrong which ever way you go. Good Luck!
  • PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    With carerra marble, I would use the white porcelian sink.
  • PRO
    Renaissance Marble Works, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    Do It! It will be beautiful!
  • feeny
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    We love our white Kohler cast iron sink with the porcelain finish, and have used it in our white Shaker kitchen. Our previous sink was also a cast iron Kohler, but an overmount. After over 30 years in the kitchen it still looked like new, which is why we went with the same kind, just in an undermount and slightly different bowl configuration than before. We donated the old sink to Habitat for Humanity's resale store because it was in such good shape. I have never had a stainless steel sink, however, so I have nothing to compare it to.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.