Houzz Logo Print
lfb79

wolf MPro or convection steam

lfb79
hace 8 años

I'm considering a second wall oven to pair with my dual fuel range (convection) any thoughts as to going for a large 2nd oven (the M Pro single 30') or getting a steam convection oven, which by the way I don't really know much about. thanks!

Comentarios (18)

• lfb79
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

good advice, thank you

• 1_ohio_bald_eagle
    hace 8 años

Oh yes, go with a convection steam oven. Why get a second oven that does exactly what your free-standing range will do? The convection steam oven will allow you to expand your cooking repertoire. Many people that I know end up using their convection steam oven as a primary go to oven. Wolf Convection Steam Oven CSO30PE/S/PH Wolf distributors / dealers have a great basic techniques book now available. This should help you grasp the potential of this great cooking tool.

• barryv_gw
    hace 8 años

The cookbook looks interesting. Have you used it yet? One question is whether it would be much help to people who own ovens other than the Wolf?

• 1_ohio_bald_eagle
    hace 8 años

I have seen the book and it is helpful. Below is an excerpt from the opening pages...

"This isn’t just a recipe book. It’s much more. Techniques are the building blocks for all recipes. Learning a core set of techniques instead of just reading through a collection of recipes, or picking up a random cookbook, will yield a far deeper knowledge of what’s happening in the oven, and more delicious results as well. Many attempts at recipes fail because the techniques used to prepare them are not done properly. We’ll teach you those techniques, and along the way, also help you understand the main modes that the convection steam oven can operate in – what makes them unique and some of the foods they’re suited to prepare. At the end of each mode section, we’ll take you through recipes that utilize the techniques of the mode you’ve just read about."

As far as being helpful with another brand convection steam oven? The short answer is proabably not. Because the book speaks to cooking modes / techniques that are unique to Wolf Convection Steam Oven someone who own's a Thermador, Gaggenau or Jenn-Air owner will find very little cross translation.

Here is a another perspective on the steam oven that you might find helpful.

The Steam Oven – A Must Have Healthy Cooking Tool

I hope this helps you.

• greasetrap
    hace 8 años

Can this book be downloaded? I don't see it on the Wolf website.

• 1_ohio_bald_eagle
    hace 8 años

You'll need to ask your local distributor or dealer.

• greasetrap
    hace 8 años

Thanks. I actually did check this morning and he said that the book is shipped automatically when you buy a Wolf Steam Oven. Otherwise the book is available from the parts department and you have to pay for it.

• 1_ohio_bald_eagle
    hace 8 años

I would check with Wolf directly. It was my understanding that they were not being shipped inside the product like a use and care manual. Hmm might worth the call...800-222-7820

• greasetrap
    hace 8 años

Thanks, I'll give them a call. My salesman said he would try to get me one (I don't think he had seen it). The rep at Clarke (the local distributor which also runs a SZ-Wolf showroom/demonstration center), said it would be mailed directly to me after I registered my purchase.

• Guy Mugrabi
    hace 8 años

Is there a difference between all the convection steam ovens besides their external door and panel design?
    http://www.subzero-wolf.com/wolf/ovens/steam-oven

• 1_ohio_bald_eagle
    hace 8 años

Guy, In the 30" width the only difference between the models of the convection steam ovens is the cosmetics.

• Guy Mugrabi
    hace 8 años

Thank you! I wish they had some features comparison tool on their site. It is so confusing.

• PRO
    Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove
    hace 8 años

Hi, I'm Sarah and I work with Sub-Zero and Wolf. Both ovens would be great additions to your kitchen. If you haven't done so already, I'd like to invite you to a showroom where you can see these products first-hand, take a test drive and cook on them, or even attend a cooking demonstration. Your showroom should also be able to provide the convection steam oven book! Here's a link to find a showroom close to you. Our showroom staff is available to answer any other questions that you may have and I'm also happy to help.

• kalapointer
    hace 8 años

I have the Pro M double oven. It was installed in March. So far I love it. I bake 3 trays of cookies today and they all came out with the same golden brown color. The best part is no chipping of the porcelain. Good luck with your decision both ovens are fabulous.

• greasetrap
    hace 8 años

Sarah,

The people at the Clarke Test Drive Center in CT as well as at my dealer said that the steam oven book is sent after you place an order. If you want it beforehand, they said you have to pay for it. Is that true? We'll be placing our order in the next couple of weeks (for install in early August), but it would be nice to read the book beforehand.

• PRO
    Clarke - New England’s Sub-Zero & Wolf Showroom
    hace 8 años

Hi Greasetrap,

Although we do normally wait to send out the Steam oven cookbook until after a customer purchases, we will send you out a book today if you'd prefer. It's also important to note that we offer Steam oven technique classes as well, so after you install your unit, you'll be able to start using it right away!

Please shoot me an email, bbugler@clarkeliving.com and I will get the book out to you today!

• greasetrap
    hace 8 años

Thank you. I sent you an email with my name & address.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.