Houzz Logo Print
kathryn_gonzales96

fireplace makeover,please help.

hace 9 años
i just bought a house and i want to do a fireplace makeover. my budget is not more than $200 if possible and planning to paint my wall a light gray/taupe. any ideas? posting pictures will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Comentarios (7)

• hace 9 años
    The fireplace itself looks fine. Honestly the problem has mainly to do with the actual insert than the surround. That said, will the TV be staying? Are you looking for accessories?
  • PRO
    hace 9 años

Repaint the brick dark and use more than one coat, but stay in the same color family that you do the walls; go light or white on the mantel & I agree with sandraclark on the brass - especially iwith what you're planning for the walls. Sherwin Williams has great color cards for this type of project so you don't have to guess if your colors go together. Fireplace below was light pink brick with grey mortar before.

• hace 9 años
    thanks guys for the suggestions. im planning to repaint or maybe take out the bricks at the bottom. the tv might stay on the top of it, or maybe not. here is the entire layout of the living room
  • hace 9 años
    that accesory on the right of the tv will be out.
  • hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Not a Pro.

I love it white! Everything is about your choice of color on the wall and your accessories. If there is a possibility of moving the tv to another wall, you should consider it. Beefing up the mantel or changing it out may give you what your looking for.

Here is some inspiration.

Scandinavian Inspired Living Room · Más información

Midtown Townhome · Más información

Chastain Park · Más información

• hace 6 años
    I love your fireplace. It looks great. The design is simple and will look good regardless of your style...traditional, transitional, modern. Do not remove any bricks! You may well compromise its integrity...to what end? At most, paint out the brass accents on the screen, but even that isn’t a major issue. I’d focus on painting your walls, working on the rest of the room. Your fireplace will “play well” with most styles. Embrace it!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.