Houzz Logo Print
slowdock

What color for an area rug?

Sarah Low
hace 9 años
Bed is wood with ivory and is rounded 60" from floor. Could use some ideas about wall decor and curtains as well! Going for romantic country cottage.

Comentarios (22)

• Darzy
    hace 9 años

For your cottage look, I think a pretty floral would look quite nice in your space. How about some vintage doors for a headboard?

Sage Floral Area Rug, 7 ft. 9 in. x 10 ft. 9 in. · Más información

• miacometlady
    hace 9 años
    Duplicate post ladies and gents!!!
  • sheilaskb
    hace 9 años

Since you have light blue and grey in the bedding print, I would suggest a medium to dark grey rug or a navy blue rug for contrast. I believe the room would look better with all the walls light blue.

• Liz Liu
    hace 9 años

Blue would look great in this room!

• llens1
    hace 9 años

I was afraid to use blue on all the walls in our bedroom. I chose a darker blue for these walls.

(I have been looking for a new bedspread but this one works until I find the right one)

That way the Ivory white linen curtains really stand out with the black iron rods.

I agree that a slate grey or brown area rug would look great.

Maybe paint your lamps in whatever accent color you may use?

This shows our master bathroom area which is visible from the room. I used grey on this wall to accent the grey tub instead of having it recast in white or replaced.

I wish I had your beautiful hardwood floors.

• PRO
    Kim Nielsen Interiors
    hace 9 años

I feel that a natural rug (soft seagrass, sisal or jute) would really complete the look you are going for.

• carolyngarland
    hace 9 años
    Paint the whole room blue. It's a pretty blue and I am not a blue person. You need a bed skirt, maybe a stripe or a small print. Sheer white, full drapes. Love the suggestion of old patina doors as headboard.
  • sandradclark
    hace 9 años

Buy grommet top drapes to match your walls & hang from just below the ceiling down to the floor. Ikea has the cheapest for the quality. Choose an Oriental or Persian type area rug. See if you can find a worn one on craigslist for cheap. Love the idea of worn old doors for the headboard. Maybe go a wheat color on the drapes. I just looked at your room again. Look at Art.com or Great Big Canvas for art to hang on any wall not above the bed so you can look at it while in bed & dream.

• sandradclark
    hace 9 años

Only you can choose your art. It is very personal

• Ramona
    hace 9 años

Surya Penthouse PTH2004 Navy Rug · Más información

I love this although it is more expensive than most rugs on the site. There are lots of options. Don't settle and don't go too country because it will look outdated. This is transitional but quite country without being fussy.

• abbyjean
    hace 9 años

Is this a double post?

• PRO
    Jade M Designs, Inc.
    hace 9 años

I found something that is simple yet works well with your bedroom decor. Everything does not have to match. I thought about this classic cream -colored rug from pottery barn. It is simple yet soothing for a bedroom.http://www.potterybarn.com/products/henley-rug-wheat/?pkey=csolid-rugs&

• kcren
    hace 9 años

Go for a simple white shag to balance the busy pattern on your blanket. The texture will keep it from looking too drab.

• Mark
    hace 9 años

I can see a tufted headboard with this color of area rug and perhaps solid blue curtains.

• llens1
    hace 9 años

I really like that look for her room Mark. Should there be some sort of dark contrast accent color? Maybe with bed pillows and a skirt for the bed and a throw?

I responded to this because it reminded me of my bedroom color. It is a bit darker grey/blue paint though. Used a sort of fun pattern rug.in front of my bench under the windows.

Just thought maybe it would give her ideas. And hopefully did not come across as taking too much from her question.

• jj90009
    hace 9 años

is there a gray in the comfortor? what about a nice gray rug

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/desa-bordered-wool-rug-gray/?pkey=call-rugs&

• PRO
    Doris Leslie Blau
    hace 9 años

I would suggest making a statement with a bold artistic rug, like for example this vintage Swedish carpet:

http://www.dorisleslieblau.com/vintage-rugs/scandinavian-rugs

Antique and vintage · Más información

• PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    hace 9 años

I have a blog post that may help you out.

http://timothyriversinteriors.com/2015/04/28/the-secret-to-creating-a-killer-master-bedroom/

If you have specific questions feel free to contact me timothyriversinteriors@gmail.com

Happy Designing!

• redtartan
    hace 9 años

Timothy Rivers Interiors Why not post helpful information right here, rather than redirecting every single post you reply to over to your blog? I know I am totally hijacking, but really, every single post is just a link without posting specific information for the original poster.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.