Houzz Logo Print
eyegirlie1

laundry room design - crossposted

Eyegirlie
hace 9 años

Looking for help on the laundry room design - this house plan is my parents and I'm afraid even with top loaders, the laundry room is too narrow

Any suggestions?

Comentarios (4)

• 3ilovepie
    hace 9 años

It is a narrow space. Do you plan on stacking units to accommodate a sink?

• PRO
    Mountain Consulting Group
    hace 9 años

It's unusable. You couldn't bend over in that space to load the machine without your butt being against a wall. And all the doorways - yikes. My suggestion is forget the stock houseplan and hire a professional building designer or an architect who understands universal design. Plans from stock planbook publishers often suffer from cut-up-itis since they're trying to sell plans - not deal with finished houses. The same issues with the laundry/mud plague several other areas in the plan - and all those tiny cut-up spaces add to construction costs and make the house harder to furnish and live in. Finally are the issues of aging in place. Narrow crowded spaces are very difficult for folks needing a walker, a grab bar, a wheelchair, etc. Google "universal design" - the idea is to build a home that people of any age or physical ability can live in comfortably.

• mrb6228
    hace 9 años

Interesting house plan. Not sure where you are building this house, but there certainly is a lot of plumbing in exterior walls. Potential freeze issue in the winter time, you think? And your laundry is a long hike from each bathroom. I would take MCG advise and continue looking for another plan or contractor.

MRB

• PRO
    Laurie Brasnett
    hace 8 años

Stock plan for sure. There is a reason why architects spend so much time at school and why smart ones hire a K&B designer to set up those areas. Hire a K&B designer to reconfigure the entire back mudroom and powder room area. It is way too inefficient location. At the very least move the W&D to one of the side walls. Your plumbing should not be on an outside wall. Good luck.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.