Houzz Logo Print
mmhowardrn

vanity side splash advice

mmhowardrn
hace 9 años

The vanity side splash hits the switch plate cover. Should I get the area notched out on the side splash, get a shorter side splash (it won't match the back splash then) or cut the switch plate cover shorter?

Comentarios (5)

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 9 años

if its not an up to the minute GFI switch have an electrician come and put in the appropriate innards and ease it up an inch.

mmhowardrn agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • cabingirl13
    hace 9 años

I would have both of the side splashes cut shorter. Ideally I would like to see the outlet moved higher- seems mighty close to your water source.

mmhowardrn agradeció a cabingirl13
  • User
    hace 9 años

Yes, you need a GFI, and you don't want to be messing around with moving the outlet yourself. Notching out the side splash will look peculiar.

mmhowardrn agradeció a User
  • PRO
    Scott Design, Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

If you have two side splashes, consider profiling each one. That is, stay at the backsplash height initially and then after 6"-8" angle down to a lower height as you move toward the front of the top. If there's only one end, do not use a splash. Or, cut the back plate and paper it so it's not obvious.

mmhowardrn agradeció a Scott Design, Inc.
  • PRO
    Gwen Klein Interior Design
    hace 8 años

Have the switch moved up, and yes, you need a GFI near a water source.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.