Houzz Logo Print
bmgcollins

Should I paint brick white? Wondering what the house would look like?

bmgcollins
hace 9 años

Comentarios (10)

• Ann
    hace 9 años

No, the brick is very nice as is.

• PRO
    Archi/Build Group, Inc.
    hace 9 años

No, you will damage it!

• miacometlady
    hace 9 años
    Paint the brick if you don't mind painting it like all painted surfaces - over and over and over again for lots of money. Sigh. Sorry. Brick is actually a reason to buy a home because it is maintenance free compared to clapboard. Your house is very nice. Need a change? I agree, paint the door! Good luck.
  • Kristi Traynor
    hace 9 años
    It would look washed out. You have a nice balance with your current colors.
  • katisu
    hace 9 años
    No. Brick is lovely. I agree with painting the door.
  • libradesigneye
    hace 9 años

I'm a fan of painted brick . . and in many climates it is no trouble at all. Here, I think you would love white painted brick - the pink limits your accent tones and shutters .. you have a classic house and cross buck door. What region (northeast, northwest, midwest, southwest, southeast .. ) do you live in ?

• KC Cianfrocco Christensen
    hace 9 años
    leave the brick and paint the house
  • sheilaskb
    hace 9 años

If it were my house, I would paint the brick white. At least it is on the the wall of the first story and would be easy to do. Once the brick is painted, you can use a really pretty pastel accent color (like light green, light blue, lemon yellow, or light shell pink) you like for the door, porch ceiling, and porch floor. I suggested light shell pink to go with the pink blooms in your landscape.

• PRO
    Earth, Turf & Blooms
    hace 9 años
    The brick looks fine ,if you want to change the look apply a thin stone veneer over the brick
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.