I'm thinking of putting dekton is our kitchen, it this dekton? Any con

Tamar Amishav
hace 9 años
Dekton Painted Shaker Kitchen · Más información

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Aspect Kitchens
    hace 9 años
    Dekton looks great, feel free to come and have a look at our showroom if your near by. Just ensure that your fabricators have been trained by Dekton or a leading supplier, and are familiar with the product as due to it being such a new material it can be quite difficult to work with.

The product itself looks stunning, we mitered the edges to make full use of the marble effect Aura has, but this does expose the joints. The same applies to the draining grooves with Aura as the marble effect is not all the way through the material.

It has many benefits, for example its so tough that you could chop directly onto the work surface, only it would blunt your knifes! Another is that as it made by force instead of resin it is virtually heat proof, so unlike other work tops when needs must you won't ruin your worktop with a hot pan.

I hope this helps. :)
  • bpackard83
    hace 8 años

I paid for dekton to be put onto my kitchen counters, even had measurements done. loved the look as i do not like shine

color was perfect went with the suade finish!

THEN: read consumer report magazine which i subscribe to, and found out they do not cover it with warranty if it cracks. And when it cracks it actually shatters like glass. Then saw same info on news show, then company where i had purchased it, told me they dropped a hammer on it and yes. it shattered like glass!!

So i called Consentino who makes it, and yes, they do not warranty it if it shatters, then called main office in Texas (i loved the look of the stuff) and ditto!

IN the consumer report article it said manufacturer stated that the trial was probably done on counter that had not been installed properly, so i used that when i called to see if they would extend the warranty if their recommended fabricators installed it. Still, no warranty to cover cracks.

After much research I am going with quartz with the leather finish. And by the way that had issues initially when is was called shade finish. they corrected that issue and now finish is called leather.

It will be installed in 3 weeks

i will follow up.

• PRO
    Design House 413
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I called Consentino aka Dekton tonight to check on this. They said shattering was rarely an issue and they said as long as their certified installer was used, that they would stand behind any shattering or issues in general. They also said they send out a rep to inspect the claim and as long as the damage was not deliberate, it would be covered. They said to call them if there were any further questions about warranty and structure...they seemed to be adamant that they stood behind their product and that they had never heard of this claim.....(don't shoot the messenger...)

• oceans_seven
    hace 6 años

Can someone tell me how much this product is a square foot?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.