Houzz Logo Print
beth080

Need help for my exterior paint and brick

beth080
hace 9 años

Have red brick home and wonder if a mushroom paint, white trim and turquoise front door would look good?

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    East Coast Home Staging
    hace 9 años
    As long as the mushroom has enough brown in it the brick should look great. The white trim should be good as long as it doesn't clash with the siding. Try to match or blend it with the siding white. There are so many shades. The door is iffy but worth a try. Dark red is always welcoming, a slightly darker shade of the mushroom brown a would look nice (making sure it doesn't lean toward the purple with too much red in it) or the trim white would be safe and classic.
  • Beth Lorence- Mell
    hace 9 años

Good points. It's mostly wood trim so can all be painted the same white. And see how the mushroom would need to be brown in tone. Thanks!

• Beth Lorence- Mell
    hace 9 años

Or maybe a cream trim?

• pandg
    hace 9 años

i agree with cream trim. white is too stark and does nothing to marry with the brick. also please paint garage doors to keep them from standing out too much.

• avamom2012
    hace 9 años

If brick mortor is cream tones, it does seem cream rather than white trim could be less harsh.

pandg, not OP,what color would you suggest painting the garage doors? That's a large expanse? Were you thinking cream or darker to recede into brick?

• PRO
    User
    hace 9 años

your brick is great. think taupe, greens, and soft yellows. Aslo looks like you need to update the brass exterior fixtures. i would go black with those.

• Kelley Dockrey
    hace 9 años
    you should also take the color of your roof into consideration when selecting paint colors. Your roof is quite prominent and in the image, it appears to be a very cool gray. while a mushroom color might work great with your brick, I think it would clash with your roof.
  • Beth Lorence- Mell
    hace 9 años

That probably just leaves gray for paint then, do you think?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.