Houzz Logo Print
jl108

Phalaenopsis - can it be saved?

jl108
hace 9 años
última modificación:hace 9 años

Hi,

Been trying to take care of this phal on behalf of my coworker. When I started, it had several large purple flowers, and they eventually fell off and the leaves became wrinkly. I depotted it and looked at the roots. Some were rotted but some where still firm and good, so I cut off the rotted parts, and repotted the orchid in phal mix (better gro brand).

Since then, the leaves have become more leathery and wilted, and have been misting it instead of watering it. But it's looking worse and worse. I just depotted it to inspect the roots and attached some photos below.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Comentarios (3)

• jane__ny
    hace 9 años

Doesn't look good. I would pot it in a small pot. Soak the bark well. Put it in the brightest window you have (no direct sun). Don't water again until it is almost dry. Where is this plant growing? What zone, State?

Almost looks like it froze or got too cold.

Jane

• jl108
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Thanks!

We're in Soho in New York City.

• PRO
    Pickel Landscape Group
    hace 9 años

The roots look like they're still OK. Like Jane_NY said, make sure you're not soaking the roots, or putting the plant in direct sunlight. Orchids like a moist, but not saturated medium. Don't give up hope!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.