Houzz Logo Print
sks74

white spot on brick and stone finishing

sks74
hace 9 años

After heavy rain couple of weeks ago, I am seeing white spot. Any advice on how to take care of this? I had the landscaping done approx a year ago.

I already tried 75/25 water/vinegar mix but it did not help. When its wet, I don't see white spot but after its dry, I can see it.

Is there any paint which I can use?

Comentarios (8)

• josephene_gw
    hace 9 años

Or try lemon oil, it may just be salts from water.

sks74 agradeció a josephene_gw
  • josephene_gw
    hace 9 años

Did it work? The bricks will be darker but over time will absorb the oil.

I did this to my brick floor where watering plants had spilled on the bricks.

• josephene_gw
    hace 9 años

Yard, yours will work too.

Jo

• PRO
    Pickel Landscape Group
    hace 9 años

I agree with yardvaark. Best thing to do is simply wait a little bit and the efflorescence will go away. It's very common with new brick work.

Try not to resort to the use of store bought acids, it can damage cement containing calcium chloride (such as portland cement) and it's also not good for the environment when it leeches into the soil.

• sks74
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

hi all, its now 6 months and the white spot is still there. I have already tried vinegar as well as lemon but it did not helped. Not sure what else to do...

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    hace 8 años

Could you grow to like it? Efflorescence leads to patina. This is your garden not your kitchen so I think a bit of weathering is a good thing.

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I think the simplest thing you can do it to grow to appreciate the patina of your bricks ;-) To me they look really nice, potentially more natural this way. Do you have an updated photo that is taken from a little further back? Sometimes you just need to not look so closely at the details...instead assess them in the context of the bigger picture.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.