Houzz Logo Print
kitchen4six

Very cool island sink with retractable faucet

dietitian
hace 9 años

Has anyone seen this Sink by Blanco? It is made to go in front of inside-opening windows (apparently this is an issue in Europe) so the faucet retracts and it can be flush with the sink. The great thing about this sink is that if you undermount it on your island, retract the faucet, & put a cutting board over it, VOILA! Your sink & faucet disappear for entertaining purposes.

Comentarios (31)

• nancyjwb
    hace 9 años

wow. That is coolio! Is it available here?

• Errant_gw
    hace 9 años

That would be great in an island!

• llucy
    hace 9 años

I love it.

• dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I can't find it sold on the US site- only the European sites. One issue plumber brought up is that if the faucet is lower than the sink (when retracted) there can be an issue of dirty water going into clean water so you might need awhile like in the bathroom sinks... Not really sure what he means or how that can happen. I emailed blanco to ask about it.
  • palimpsest
    hace 9 años

Your plumber is talking about siphoning. But if this sink has an overflow below the retracted faucet it should be okay.

• homepro01
    hace 9 años

It would be perfect on an island!!! Love it!

• dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

US rep for blanco says they don't sell it so have no info. I asked if they would give me a contact at blanco germany that speaks english... awaiting a response.

@palimpsest so as long as I have an overflow installed it will pass inspection?

If that is the case, I will start researching where to purchase from overseas.

• dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

I looked further into it. Anyone know what this means?

• High pressure supply only - Min. 1.0 bar pressure (approx 10 metre head) preferred 1.0 - 1.5 bar 3/8" BSP connection
  • dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

prosource memphis thanks for that info.... sounds like a bad idea, huh? I'll make one last ditch effort by contacting the company directly in germany, but sounds like I have to get over this totally amazing idea for a sink & faucet in my island :(

• dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

@prosource memphis it is LGA and DVGW approved.

• PRO
    ProSource Memphis
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

Ask your insurance company if there is any reciprocity in accepting the testing and certifications here. For the BSP, Find a local industrial pipe supply house. Some of the wastewater treatment pumps can use BSP, albeit in larger sizes than this will have. They might have a line on ready made adapters. If not, ask around for a small family owned machine shop.

• rococogurl
    hace 9 años

Somewhere I have a pic of a completely recessed bar sink with low faucet that has a wood cover. Same result; no issues. I can't find the photo but when I do I will post it. The sink is very deep -- like 14" to accommodate this.

• dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

@rococogurl yes! please post!

• nosoccermom
    hace 9 años

Does this link help? I would assume that BSP is again different from continental connectors.

Blanco Germany

"Flexible connector pipes, 740 mm long and 3/8'' nut for particularly easy installation"

So, I looked at conversions and the 3/8" does seem to refer to inches (German Zoll), so maybe they are compatible with US standards. http://www.hug-technik.com/inhalt/ta/zoll.htm

LGA and DVGW approved means that it's approved by a German product safety administration; for DVGW certification see here.

• rococogurl
    hace 9 años

Got it! But no info. Perhaps someone has seen this.

• dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Rococo pic not showing up- will recheck on my computer later thanks!
  • Fori
    hace 9 años

I have one in my camper. :) Slightly different model of course...SMEV makes a lot of this sort of thing for RVs.

I should point out that in the 30" of counter space I have in my camper which include the cooktop AND sink, I find the disappearing aspects of the sink useless--but great for the cooktop.

I don't really see need for most residential applications, with a few exceptions like the reason initially cited.

• nosoccermom
    hace 9 años

re rococo pic. Here's the link, pic 17/30. Maybe you can contact the architect.
    http://www.fergusonshamamian.com/apartments/1100-park-avenue

GLAM Sliding top · Más información

• rococogurl
    hace 9 años

I expect it is a commercial bar sink. If an architect gives up a source it would be a miracle. But they do happen.

• dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Here is the answer from blanco, although I'm not quite sure what it means: In order to install the faucet in the US, the supply line fittings should be 3/8" OD compression. I would suggest the customer confirm the Eloscope supply line fittings size as well as additional specs and technical requirements before purchasing the faucet.The overflow does will not have an effect on the faucet.

• User
    hace 9 años

dietitian agradeció a User
  • nosoccermom
    hace 9 años

Does it really say that it's 3/8" BSP connection if you buy the faucet from the German, not the UK, site?

• dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Nosoccermom that was from the uk site but apparently German & British pipe fittings have different names but are the same.
  • dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Ok I spoke to my plumber, who is european. He says it is no problem to install a european faucet in the US. He knows what he needs to do it. YAY!

• nosoccermom
    hace 9 años

Yay!!! Great!

• User
    hace 9 años

Not saying that your plumber would do this, but because the thread pitch is almost but not quite the same, some plumbers just use a couple of extra wraps of teflon tape to make an almost leak proof connection. That's a big no no. There should be a solid brass adapter between the two different plumbing types. So, trust, but verify methodology.

dietitian agradeció a User
  • dietitian
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Thank you live_wire_oak . I will definitely make sure he uses a brass adaptor.

• nancyjwb
    hace 9 años

That's great news, Dietitian! Hope it works out because I can't wait to ogle it in your reveal ;)

• blondellie .
    hace 7 años

Did you end upssuccessfully purchasing and installing this sink in the US? We are looking to do the same thing. Please let me know if you were able to and if so how you went about doing it. Thank you!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 5 años

Most German companies have English speaking staff and i have installed European faucets many times in hoems no problem. I love that one at the beginning and don’t see any obvious problems.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.