Houzz Logo Print
nittalashruti

Need help decorating wall that faces eat in kitchen and family room

swetlana
hace 9 años
última modificación:hace 9 años

I need help decorating a wall that is kind of in the kitchen facing the dining table and can also be viewed by family room. In the first picture that wall is on the left and 2nd picture wall is on the right (behind the high chair)

I wanted to have an accent wall so can I make the square check wall an accent wall ?if yes which color?

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Accents of Elegance Redesign, LLC
    hace 9 años

What colors or accents are you using in the kitchen and dining/family room?I see mostly brown and beige walls. For warm tones I like the latest, hot color Merlot.

swetlana agradeció a Accents of Elegance Redesign, LLC
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    hace 9 años

I would not paint an accent color on the wall behind the highchair. I would, however, paint the open wall between the kitchen and great room. I would paint it gloss black. Add some single interesting pieces in at least a few of the openings. On the wall behind the highchair, I would hang 4 large (large enough to use up a lot of the space) pictures that are framed the same..with black frames..hung in a tight square.

swetlana agradeció a Barbara Griffith Designs
  • swetlana
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

@Accents We have painted the walls beige in the kitchen and the family room it is a shade lighter. We dont have much of natural light in the house. So would the red look good?

@Barbara- I like your idea of having 4 large pictures- Do you have any pictures to show? I am not sure about the gloss black color because the dining and family room are dark.

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    hace 9 años

No pictures, but use 4 pictures at least 20" in width with frame, place approx. 2-3" apart where they meet.

As for the black on that wall..it is not much actual wall space..it also appears there may be a little black in the rug. Use colorful objects in the spaces.

• PRO
    Accents of Elegance Redesign, LLC
    hace 9 años

I think the Merlot would look good. However, before committing to painting the wall, get just a sample of the paint and a piece of foam board. Paint the piece of foam board the Merlot color and see what you think. You can attach it to the wall with the blue painter's tape and look at it at different times of the day then if it isn't what you want you, you aren't committed to painting.

The framed coordinating pictures are also a good idea and you could even use them if you painted the wall provided they have colors that work with the wall paint. Be sure to use just a little of the accent color in other places (table centerpiece or placemats, counters- something decorative) to pull it all together.

• Irene Morresey
    hace 9 años
    Some ideas, you could paint it in blackboard paint and do some art on there or wording. The last pic is rubber door mats spray painted and distress, I have done this, looks amazing like wrought iron and really cheap, have had lots of comments
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.