Houzz Logo Print
sakami

Entry light for awkward design

sakami
hace 9 años

What should we do for a light at the front door? It is not a centered hallway once you walk in so to center it at the door might seem awkward. Totally at a lossy we are planning to do recessed can lights down the hallway but the front door is tough. The front closet has been pushed back 6" but the drawings are to updated to reflect that change.

Comentarios (3)

• randy427
    hace 9 años

How about 1 globe centered on the hallway and another an equal distance on the other side of the door.

• cubby325
    hace 9 años

I have a 25' long hallway from my front door, running the length of my kitchen, back to the dining room. Immediately inside the door it is 6.5' wide x 6' long, then another 19' where it narrows to 4' wide. We have 3 cans stretched the distance of the 4' width, but right at the front door, centered in the 6.5' width, we have a semi flush mount inverted pendant, link below. I've never thought the placement looked strange, even though the pendant doesn't line up with the cans. We also have a sidelight and a divided transom over the door. If the light can be seen from the outside, you'll want to place it so it looks nice from that vantage point.

Pendant: https://www.houzz.com/products/progress-lighting-p3468ebwb-avalon-13-1-8-energy-efficient-semi-flush-mount-cei-prvw-vr~17884709

• PRO
    Chic Watts
    hace 9 años

We make custom lights that are unusual, you might for example like http://www.houzz.com/projects/993662

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.