clown25
hace 9 años
He mounted the tv too low, didn't
he?

Comentarios (18)

• hatetoshop
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Well ... it looks like it's sitting on the mantel, but at least it's not super high.
  • intown123
    hace 9 años
    It looks a little low but probably only by an inch or two.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 9 años
    Agree, leave some space between the bottom of the TV and mantel, or hang TV on side wall next to fireplace.
  • dutchskip
    hace 9 años
    I would position it in the middle.
  • glschisler
    hace 9 años
    Paint the fireplace wall black & it will not be as noticeable. As it is, you will be always looking up instead of eye level for proper viewing pleasure. TVs are mounted high in sports bars due to crowd viewing. Home viewing is eye level. I suggest mounting it lower, beside the fireplace. Hope that helps.
  • sandradclark
    hace 9 años
    Much better than too high. I don't mind it there but I like the idea of painting the wall above the mantle up to the ceiling a dark gray or charcoal so the TV position blends in & disappears.
  • PRO
    Al Fortunato Furnituremaker
    hace 9 años
    OK, here's the facts about your eyes and TV height.

The resting angle of your eye is -30 degrees from the vertical plane of your face. Then, taking into account your sitting position, (sitting up straight vs. reclining in a recliner), whether or not you wear glasses and/or variable focus lenses, distance from the TV, size of the TV screen, you can figure out the optimum viewing height of the TV. Optimum viewing is not eye level. This goes for TVs and computer monitors.

If you don't care about viewing comfort and all the technical stuff, but only care about aesthetics of the room, put it where you want.
  • horselover222
    hace 9 años
    Yes he did!! I looks like it is sitting one the mantle!
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    hace 9 años
    you wouldnt want it much higher. unless you like looking up all the time. why not mount it to the large right wall. with a nice console and forgo the mantel mount all together.
  • PRO
    Safe and Sound Systems
    hace 9 años
    It's really a user preference. I've had clients request the TV be mounted basically "on" the mantel, but most prefer it a few inches above it. We use brackets that allow 3-4 of height adjustment without the need to reinstall the brace attached to the wall. I'm thinking if you take the TV down, you might be able to adjust the arms on the TV down, thus raising the TV when you put it back up.
  • Zackery
    hace 9 años
    Two options, move TV 2-3 inches higher so it doesn't look like it ps resting on Mantel or centre it between mantel and roof
  • sandradclark
    hace 9 años
    So much controversy regarding the placement of the TV as it relates to the fireplace. Does anyone even remember when we did not have TV's & we all loved sitting in front of the fireplace?
  • sandradclark
    hace 9 años
    They are both supposed to be a focal point in the room so put them close together & make them both easy to enjoy.
  • pcmom1
    hace 9 años
    Looks like you have a perfect spot to the left of the fireplace! Then put art over mantle.
    Living Rooms · Más información

Bayshore Estates Custom Home · Más información
  • PRO
    Johanne Blansche Designs
    hace 9 años
    Good work pcmom1 this is what everyone with a TV and a fireplace should do.
  • pcmom1
    hace 9 años
    Really like the one on the right. Easier for viewing to have tv against dark background. Less contrast for the eye and the black rectangle of the tv doesn't pop out at you!
  • sandradclark
    hace 9 años
    What's the verdict?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.