Houzz Logo Print
merrit_ackland

Once I remove this Christmas wreath, I have a blank wall.

Merrit Ackland
hace 9 años
I need a decor idea for this blank vaulted wall once I remove this wreath.

Comentarios (27)

• horselover222
    hace 9 años
    K do you like stars?? Like ones kinda like this.....
  • smk72
    hace 9 años
    How about an oversized clock. Like maybe in a starburst shape?
  • hayleydaniels
    hace 9 años
    See if you can find another spring wreath to replace the Christmas one.
  • PRO
    Bethany Colman Design Associates
    hace 9 años
    I forgot to add a photo
  • sootsprite
    hace 9 años
    May we see a picture of the whole space? It looks like there is some woodwork up there?
  • joannpb
    hace 9 años
    Antique flag reproduction, crib-size quilt, large vintage map, street sign, Andy Warhol print, piece of decorative wrought iron from salvage.
  • PRO
    RealCraft
    hace 9 años
    Hello! With the beautiful woodwork at the peak of the ceiling the space may look really nice blank. Otherwise, a round "old-timey" looking clock would work well. A large clock about the size of the wreath would look fabulous. Whatever you decide, I suggest keeping it simple and understated. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!
  • Barbara Almandarz
    hace 9 años
    I think the wall would look great without anything there. Your woodwork u there really emphasizes the beautiful shape of that wall and the great space.
  • capeeliz
    hace 9 años
    I'm another lover of negative space. I'd just paint the vent cover the same as the wall.
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 9 años
    Decorate where you and your stuff live - below the door frames. Leave it empty, but do paint vents to match their background.
  • Maureen
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Nothing or a stained glass window secured to the wall and up closer to the barnwood frame.
    [houzz=
    Meyda Tiffany Fleur-De-Lis Medallion Stained Glass Window X-55428 · Más información
    ]
  • Merrit Ackland
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Here are a few more pictures. I like the stained glass art and the 3 large picture ideas. I don't want to leave blank because of a hole where the wreath is hung. I know silly. Thanks for all the input.
  • Barbara Almandarz
    hace 9 años
    As nice as the stained glass is, remember it needs a light behind it to see the colors. Hung on a wall can cause you to lose the detail in the glass.
  • sootsprite
    hace 9 años
    Try the clock over your mantle there if it is big enough.
  • abbyjean
    hace 9 años
    A deer head? I am serious, as I think they can be a fun accessory in the right space.
  • Rae Haskell
    hace 9 años
    Maybe just paint that wall a different color - something with a high level of contrast! Kind of like this:
  • PRO
    Cure Design Group
    hace 9 años
    I like it clean...I agree that an accent wall might just do the trick, our homes always look a little bare once you remove the Holiday decor, however, when Spring cleaning time approaches, I always welcome the sense of clean, uncluttered spaces.
  • Merrit Ackland
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you for all the input. The deer head is just not me. I may try paint as an accent wall. The clock over my mantle is too small to put in that space. blank might be less busy.
  • abbyjean
    hace 9 años
    Deer head is out then. I do think blank is ok, but also just happened to wonder if your family had a famous quote or last words that could be put on a big piece of wood up there? Words to live by.
  • Merrit Ackland
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

This is what I chose. It was affordable. I just felt that large of a space needed something. I came home with something a little bigger than the wreath. It is an iron sculpture and mirror from Meijer. It was less than $60 too! The colors are rusty brown, grays, and green.

• sootsprite
    hace 9 años
    Very nice! I like the size and shape for the space, also how it brings together the different colors and adds texture. Thanks for sharing it with us :-)
  • joannpb
    hace 9 años

That fits right into the mood of the room ...very nice.

• abbyjean
    hace 9 años

SCORE! Good for you and now you do not miss the wreath one little bit!

• Janie Burton
    hace 9 años
    Other ideas - large panel architectural ironwork or a beautiful paneled antique wooden door hung horizontally. I would change out your counter stools for matching ones upholstered in an interesting fabric or a leather that blends with your other finishes. The white is too stark in contrast with the countertop.
  • PRO
    Orchard Home Design
    hace 9 años

Today wreaths are commonly associated with Christmas, but in the past wreaths have been year round decorations that shift with the seasons. With midwinter just behind us, a wreath of twigs with a few new buds or shoots would look great. You might think about about getting an wreath of lillies for the upcoming spring as well. Just some ideas.

• corakeating2
    hace 8 años
    I would agree with capeeliz paint the vent the same colour as the wall and leave it all blank otherwise I think your eyes will be drawn up to that area and that will take away from your lovely room
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.