Houzz Logo Print
vikashneeraj

Entry into Dining Area - Privacy considerations.

vikashneeraj
hace 9 años
Attached the floorplan. Entrance is into the dining area, wanted to add a privacy wall at the entry but dining space getting too small is a concern. Any suggestions?

Comentarios (9)

• vikashneeraj
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    That should be perfect, thank you!
  • PRO
    Pioneer Home Improvements
    hace 9 años
    Would be my suggestion as well!
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Other thoughts on your plans: you have a lot of doors swing into rooms. That's is an arc of about 3' of space. Consider pocket doors, instead.

Is this ground level construction? If so, I would extend the decking across the back of the house and raise the windows in the bathrooms to allow for privacy.

Woodvalley House - Bathroom · Más información
  • Pallavi Banerjee
    hace 9 años
    Would you like to put up bookshelves right when you open the the door? That would define the entry, and also keep it visually open. You might accessorize it to your taste and not keep books at all.I don't know if you can actually do anything outside the door. That is not your space in the apartment, right?

Millennium Tower Loft-Hall · Más información

GRIFFIN ENRIGHT ARCHITECTS: Benedict Canyon Residence · Más información

Martha Road Ranch House · Más información

The third picture looks like your layout?
    vikashneeraj agradeció a Pallavi Banerjee
  • Pallavi Banerjee
    hace 9 años
    That kind of shelving would also serve as a buffer between the door and the pujaroom, and will be a drop off zone for shoes, keys and other things.
  • vikashneeraj
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    This is on 2nd floor. I've seen people reclaim their entry way, but to be sure I'll need to check with the builder on if its mine to rebuild. If not allowed, then shelf from 3rd picture will be the next best thing! Pocket door sure is an interesting idea, but the builder has already installed 3 ft wide door. I'll check on the cost involved then take a call.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    hace 9 años
    Sorry, I thought this was a house! I like the shelving option too.
  • sootsprite
    hace 9 años
    If you have the front door swing open the other direction, people at the door might not see as much?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.