Houzz Logo Print
tjohnson2526

Foyer lighting question

tjohnson2526
hace 9 años
Hello, any advice on updating on foyer is greatly appreciated. Keep in mind the wall color is subject to change more than likely a light tan. We are changing in the railing as well and replacing the wood spindles with wrought iron and staining the hand wells as well with a dark stain. I've attached pictures of what it looks like now along with a few different chandelier/ pendants I liked, for the hallway lights should I go with black as well or....?
Thank you!!

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Pazzam Designs
    hace 9 años
    You r replacing the existing chandelier with the same style and size go bold, this space can handle it go larger in an open brass. Paint door wall different color then others to expand this tight space, what's your fav? Use that in a dark shade the others in tan. Add large area rug, one by door to small. Create drama at credenza too much going on with little objects. Replace with larger mirror flanked with sconces. Love iron rail concept here is were u should keep it simple since u have a lot of stairs.
  • tjohnson2526
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Wow, I didn't even realize that they were the same design and size. I never really cared for multi tier chandelier so I guess that why I leaned that way. I love that color of paint and the suggestions are great! It is amazing what other sets of see! Keep them coming!
  • patrinkac
    hace 9 años
    Larger pendant with longer drop. With wrought iron in balustrades
    I'd go with wrought iron choice(s). I agree that the table to left of door is too small...I'm thinking about what I would do. Do you agree that soon everything in the USA will be shades of grey---and surfaced with granite? Just sayin..........
  • patrinkac
    hace 9 años
    Sorry.....I meant balusters....
  • Mahjoub Bouri
    hace 9 años
    You can added transom or bigger windows above the door if possible to get more natural light , and you can added recessed light on the ceiling
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    our 2 story foyer has black iron balusters on the staircase going up and around the second floor living room, we decided against having similar on the light fixture or its too much iron bars.
  • PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    hace 9 años

Some lighting ideas by Galilee lighting...

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.