Houzz Logo Print
tiabella

Blank Wall - Photo Placement

tiabella
hace 11 años
última modificación:hace 11 años
Thinking of hanging a photo landscape orientation above the TV, should it be bigger or small than the television?

Comentarios (16)

• melindavalle
    hace 11 años
    Personally, I would place a photo over each of the speakers that don't go over the height of the TV ... something with a "pop" of color: red, orange, yellow, to give some contrast.
    You could also "arch" photos around the whole system.
  • tiabella
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I like the arch idea but it's sort of the man room and I don't think hubby would go for that, probably be a bit distracting for him. I like the idea of the photos on each side but the space above the TV is the spot that sort of bothers me.
  • PRO
    The Mine
    hace 11 años
    Hi, Tia! We're wondering what's to the right of the picture? If the space is "framed" by another abutting wall, and the TV/entertainment area is centered in it, it may look good to use the ceiling and walls as guides, and evenly space frames along that upper edge ... if that makes sense. We hope this gives you additional ideas and wish you luck!
  • PRO
    User
    hace 11 años
    Instead of artwork, how about painting subtle horizontal stripes like this....
  • PRO
    User
    hace 11 años
    Also I suggest replacing white blind with a charcoal stained one.
  • tiabella
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Stripes is a great idea, I don't know that I would have the patience for that though, and with the price of painting professionals in my town I don't think I'd spend the money there, could buy all the tiles for my master bathroom redo instead! LOL

To the right of the photo is another wall, it's sort of in a little alcove and yes the TV is pretty well centered on that wall. The chair you can see in the bottom right corner is sitting right against that wall, if you look closely you can also see the light switch.

After playing around with a few photos in the house I was thinking about something like this, all similiar art pieces probably.
  • hazelbea
    hace 11 años
    The media unit below the TV seems a little small. Should be at least the length of the TV.
  • tiabella
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I don't know how that never bothered me before, cause now that you pointed it out, it's all I can look at! I don't even know where to begin to look for a TV stand at least 80 inches across that will work for all the hubby's gadgets.
  • Heather
    hace 11 años
    I played around with your picture in paint, and thought you might like this. The above picture is a large star from space, other two small pictures are lightening, and the pink one is Japanese Trees. From Heather
  • melindavalle
    hace 11 años
    Here is another idea now knowing this is hubby's room. Self-adhesive textured brick wallpaper. Just google 'brick wallpaper" and you will be amazed at the great selections. With this as a background, you might not even need any art work. Then to accommodate the 80" long stand, you can purchase some real bricks (or any type of cubicle) and place long planks on top. Depending on the wood, you can stain it accordingly. Voila!
  • kah416
    hace 11 años
    Here's one idea :)
  • melindavalle
    hace 11 años
    I just looked at IKEA TV consoles and there are a ton of 70'' + that would work nicely for you and they are only about $100.00 ... not bad. Also if you look in HOUZZ under eclectic family rooms you will see that 99.9% do not have any art work around the TV ... the few that do looks too cluttered. I use plants often too fill in empty spaces, like palms ... works like a charm. Good luck and let us see the end results.
  • tiabella
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I really like the idea of painting the wall black but this room gets a lot of sun during the day and I can just imagine lines from the paint showing up like crazy and driving me nuts.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots but I couldn't find anything on the IKEA website for less than $100 to accomodate a 70" TV. I'm in Canada. I really like the BESTA TV benches and I don't mind paying the higher price but the equipment we have might not work with them, I'll have to investigate more.
  • PRO
    Specialty Drapery
    hace 11 años
    You can flank in-expensive bookcases on each side of the console to build it out to look like a big entertainment center then hang a piece of artwork centered above the tv.. I am attaching an example
  • tiabella
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    That's a great idea but I would need huge bookcases, like 7-8 ft tall and still need a bigger TV console, also have speakers to think about.

All great ideas guys, thanks!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.