Houzz Logo Print
sweetandrew

Undersink water filtration/water dispenser

sweetandrew
hace 12 años

Builder just called to say that the water filtration system I bought at Ferguson Plumbing to mount under my sink and connect with my regular faucet won't work with my Perrin & Rowe faucet. When I pushed for details, he explained that it wouldn't give me enough water flow, that it was designed for a water dispenser not a regular faucet. Urgh...this is the very question I asked the Ferguson rep and she told me that I would get good water flow from my regular faucet using this system. (I won't have filtered water from my Liebherr fridge so need it at main sink.) So now the builder says I need a water dispenser (I assume I can get one in polished nickel to coordinate with my faucet, sprayer, and air switch) and asks where to mount it. He recommends to the left of faucet, with sprayer to immediate right of faucet and air switch at far right. This is now on my to do list for research after kiddie bedtime tonight but thought I'd see if any of you helpful folks have thoughts between now and then. Many thanks!

Comentarios (5)

• davidro1
    hace 12 años

1). you could get the other, competing, kind of filter that lets a higher flow through. Two cylinders. I don't know which key words to use, to get to it on the web in one or two clicks.

2). you could get another faucet, that produces a nice looking stream (not a dribble) when the source is a low flow. A "dispenser". I think dispensers seem to cost a lot for what they do. I think Blanco Alta has a dispenser that looks different from most.

• sweetandrew
    Autor original
    hace 12 años

This is Everpure system if that helps. I will start researching tonight...my bad for relying on lady at plumbing store.

• Redhead47
    hace 12 años

We bought the Moen filtration/water dispenser -- it matches well with our Moen Anabelle faucet.

Have had it for about a month -- I love it! There is plenty of water flow - uses one filter. It is a separate unit from the faucet, just has a supply line from the undersink water supply. The main faucet uses regular, non-filtered water for general washing, cleanup etc.

There are many other options on the Faucet Direct website -- but you have to do several different searches to see all of them because they have a funny way of categorizing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen water filtration.

• sweetandrew
    Autor original
    hace 12 años

I am set on the Perrin & Rowe bridge faucet. It, along with the Circa Lighting pendants I selected, were my big splurge items for the kitchen. I just found a Perrin & Rowe single lever mixer that should work with the Everpure system. Best price on quick web search is $571 (!) in polished nickel finish. So irked that I'm having to spend this here at the end...

• michoumonster
    hace 12 años

I have been contemplating getting a commercial filtration system. They tend to be pricier than regular filtration systems, but their capacity is much better so you donot need to change filters as often. The main attraction for me is that their flow rates are really high so no waiting for filtered water. However, i need to do more research on how big they are and if they will take up too much space under the sink. But this might be an option for you as well. Hth

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.