Houzz Logo Print
wendee

Kitchen problems

Wendee
hace 11 años
My sink in kitchen is in a corner unable to be moved no window except via outside door. We are thinking of removing wall between kitchen and dinning where we will have a bay window. I am not sure where to place appliances. See pictures.

Comentarios (19)

• PRO
    Cabinet factory outlet
    hace 11 años
    can you take some pictures a little farther away and maybe give us some measurments of your walls.
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    My kitchen is 14 feet long and 10 feet wide if we open up the wall with stove the space would be 14 x19.
    As you can see we have a door to garage by refrigerator. The wall with dishwasher has the mechanicals behind it. Then to the left of sink is the front porch and door way to dinning room.
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    My kitchen is 14 feet long and 10 feet wide if we open up the wall with stove the space would be 14 x19.
    As you can see we have a door to garage by refrigerator. The wall with dishwasher has the mechanicals behind it. Then to the left of sink is the front porch and door way to dinning room.
  • PRO
    Cabinet factory outlet
    hace 11 años
    If you remove the wall in the dinning room and remodel the kitchen, you can pretty much put the appliances where you want them. I can work up a layout later if you want to send me your email I can send you some elevations when Im done. does your home have a slab floor? and are you willing to remove your soffit to fit bigger uppers in? Maybe you could do an island since you will be removing one wall of the kitchen.
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Yes, like a country kitchen . We would like to make a seating area in front of the bay windows.
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Yes, like a country kitchen . We would like to make a seating area in front of the bay windows.
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    If the soffet can be removed great because I would love to have some small glass storage areas .The floors are slab .We are trying to incorporate a china cabinet. We have country, lodge with a twist of contempory.In several rooms be have beams showing in stained cedar rough cut.
  • PRO
    Cabinet factory outlet
    hace 11 años
    Ok Ill start working on something and see what I can some up with
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you
  • PRO
    Cabinet factory outlet
    hace 11 años
    i have a design done for you. Do you happen to have an Ipad? if so i can email you a 3d version of the design that you cn control
  • PRO
    Cabinet factory outlet
    hace 11 años
    If not I can possibly attach the design here
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    mendee959@msn.com
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    go ahead, thank you...
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 11 años
    You seem to have too many doors. Your kitchen might benefit from a French style slider door with solid glass (no mullions.) That would eliminate one door swinging into the house and would bring in lots of light. Could you switch stove and fridge? Try a counter-depth fridge too. Removal of the soffit is a must. You might like to install glass lit upper cabinets in its place. Have you been to rustoleumtransformations.com for their new product? Amother product called "Instant Granite" works wonderfully on Formica countertops.
    rossington architecture · Más información

Style in Stainless Steel + White · Más información

Plymouth Kitchen Renovation · Más información
  • shelleykay
    hace 11 años
    I love your cheerful bright red walls and would love to see that color brought into your kitchen. Your bay window is beautiful! If you take out the center wall, be sure the ridge beam is supported with a beam. Get professional advice before knocking anything out. By all means, eliminate the soffit and replace with glass door cabinets if you can afford it.

You could have a 5 or 6 foot long island holding your cooktop with a pillar on either side. You would have a 4 or 3 foot walkway between the island and the porch door and another 3 foot walkway between the island and the refrigerator wall.

To the right of the refrigerator, have floor to ceiling cabinets with no countertop. Extend these into the dining room along the entire wall (Pantry, china cabinet, etc.). These would hold a lot, since you are eliminating overhead cabinets above the range.

You might have room to move the refrigerator to the end of the sink counter, just to the left of the garage door. If you did this, could you cut a hole in the wall to set the refrigerator back into the garage so that it is flush with the counter? You would need to use a header and consult a professional.But that would only leave you with a 4 foot long counter (or maybe less) to the right of the sink. Would that be enough? If you moved the refrigerator, that whole wall where the refrigerator used to be would become cupboards, maybe as much as 9 to 11 feet in length. (I am guessing.) 1 1/2 feet might be deep enough for a pantry/china cabinet, making room for a longer island.

If you could put a window to the right of the porch door, that would brighten your sink area. Of course, you would lose those cabinets. A corner sink is wonderfully efficient. Not at all bad! But a window would be nice.

You do seem to need more storage. Could you borrow space in the garage for a broom and cleaning supply closet? It's hard to put things away if you don't have a place for them. This is hard and I struggle with this, but try to use countertops as work space; never as storage place. This will make your kitchen seem bigger.

Your remaining dining room is 12 x 9. Remove the hutch in the dining room and move the table over in front of the bay window.

You have a beautiful house. I wish you well!
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you!!!
  • lucindalane
    hace 11 años
    So, your front door opens into your kitchen?
  • Wendee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Yes
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.