Houzz Logo Print
hammick_gw

GAF Camelot vs Certainteed Grand Manor

hammick
hace 9 años

We are getting a new roof on our Kansas City home due to hail damage. The original layer from 2006 will be torn off.

We have quotes on Camelot and Grand Manor from a well respected specialty roofing company. The Camelot is about $1,500 more.

I have actual shingles of both and the Cetainteed feels more substantial although I believe the Camelot actually weighs a little more per square.

Is the Certainteed a better shingle?

FYI our roof pitches are about 60% 12/12, 35% 12/8 and 5% 12/3

This post was edited by hammick on Sun, May 4, 14 at 12:28

Comentarios (6)

• Elmer J Fudd
    hace 9 años

What does your well respected roofing company say in answer to your question?

• Elizabeth Shively
    hace 6 años

Does anyone have any comments on how they have felt with their selection a year after installation? I, too, am trying to determine whether to go with the CertainTeed Grand Manor vs the GAF Camelot. Are you happy with choosing either premium shingle? Does it really look that different from your standard dimensional, to warrant the higher cost? The GAF Camelot, not the Camelot II, is $110 more per square than other 50 year high impact dimensional roofs. I would appreciate any insight, thoughts, or advice.

• PRO
    Ennis Custom Homes
    hace 6 años
    Certainteed Grand Manor Colonial Slate
  • harry_wild
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I have GAF Camelot shingles on my home and it looks beautiful and seems to be design to last. Been through three in four hail storms and each time the insurance adjuster look at it he said not damage! Go on 8 years now,

• justme4now
    hace 6 años

Just finished our roof. GAF Timberline HD and it looks great!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.