jennibg_gw

what size sink cabinet?

jennibg
hace 15 años

I have a 45 sq' L shaped kitchen. I am doing zones, moving my dishwasher to the top of the L, then the sink, prep area then cook area on the bottom of the L.

30 or 36" sink cabinet?

(I purchased a 25 X 18 X 10" Deep single bowl)

Comentarios (4)

• lascatx
    hace 15 años

If I understand the situation correctly, I would go smaller -- maybe 27" or even a 24" farmhouse.

If you have 45 sq ft, that's something along the lines of a 5'x9' or slightly smaller than a 7'x7' kitchen. Since it is L shaped, not a galley, you lose 2 feet of that run on either side for a corner. You are down to less than 10 feet of working wall space. A standard fridge and DW would take up 5 of that -- a stove and the sink and you are over your limit already. Scaling down, use a 24" sink, a 24": fridge, an 18" DW and a 30" range, you have 24" left over for a base cabinet and any fillers. If you put in a usable corner cabinet, that's not going to leave you much of anything else.

Do I have it right? Can you make this a galley layout? It would give you better use of the space.

• jennibg
    Autor original
    hace 15 años

lascatx,

darn are you good with numbers!

my fridge and pantry r on the other side of the L.
    my kitch is 13 x 20. I will have 60" before the corner of counter space, then 25" after the corner to the stove.

• PRO
    Lynch Home Services
    hace 15 años

Hey jennibg--- does your 24" sink seem too small for you?? I'm remodeling a kitchen and could only get a 30" sink base and was hoping to get a 30" sink to fit (outside of sink is actually 28") not sure if that would work? Next size down seams to be a 24"sink- not sure if that's gonna feel small- or if I have a choice! (mine will also be a single bowl)

• cheri127
    hace 15 años

I wouldn't put a 25" sink in a 36" cabinet unless there was lots of stuff I needed the cabinet space for (water chiller/heater, water filter, GD etc.)

To answer Lynch's question, I've lived with a 21" x 15" sink for the past 12 years and it worked fine but am really looking forward to a bigger one.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.