Houzz Logo Print
muskokascp_gw

How to make a floating mirror

muskokascp
hace 11 años

I was all set to install my powder room mirror as a floating mirror until I spoke with the glass guy. He warned me that the adhesive used to attach the wood blocks to the back of the mirror may over time eat through the backing and show through.

I have seen lots of examples of these floating mirrors but this is the first time I have heard there could be problems.

Anyone have anymore info on this potential problem? How likely is it to occur and is there a type of adhesive I should use to try to decrease this possibility?

He suggested using those small metal clips instead but I really wanted that clean look. Am I being silly about the clips - should I just use them instead?

Comentarios (2)

• VictoriaElizabeth
    hace 11 años

They make glass glue⦠we installed a huge mirror over our bath vanity. It was supported from below, since it wasnâÂÂt floating, but the place we had the glass cut gave us a tube of something special for glass. I think it came like what you put in a caulk gun.

ItâÂÂs been a year, and mirror is fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our bathroom remodel

• PRO
    The Glass Guru of Newark
    hace 9 años

It matters what adhesive you use. Liquid nails is not a great idea, but the proper mastic will not bother it. Your local glass guy should be able to help with obtaining some.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.