Houzz Logo Print
sjb1464

Eyebrow arch raised panel Doors in the kitchen

sjb1464
hace 11 años
Does it make sense to do both the upper doors and lower cabinet doors in the Eyebrow Arch raised panels? I say no, my husband says yes. Somebody help!
Painted and Cherry Cabinetry · Más información

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Riverstone, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    Hi. I have been designing for 12 years, and only 1 job did we use arches on the base as well as the upper. The base acts as the foundation of the kitchen, and the uppers bring the eyes up. An arch on the base would interupt the person's view and tends to look a little "choppy."

Alternatively, if your door's arch ran along the top and the bottom of the door - then the "choppiness" is gone. The doors are more expensive that way, and if your space is small, it could look busy.
  • sjb1464
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Great thank you! Our kitchen is only 10 x 12'. Also, what about the drawer fronts. Shouldn't they be raised panel instead of flat fronts?
  • PRO
    Riverstone, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    What construction style are you selecting?
  • sjb1464
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    The "Eyebrow" raised panel. They are not putting new cabinets, just new doors and drawers.
  • sjb1464
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    With the Crown molding at the top of the cabinets. My house was built in 1976.
  • sjb1464
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you so much! Makes sense to me.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.