Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Hobokenkitchen's New, Modern Kitchen for the FKB

hobokenkitchen
hace 14 años

Cabinets: Custom made Mahogany veneer with all soft close cabinets and drawers.

Appliances: Range: 36' All Gas Wolf Range

Hood: 36' low profile Wolf hood

Refrigerator: 30' Subzero built in fridge freezer

Dishwasher: Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher drawers

Countertops: Quartzite - natural stone seen under the names 'Monte Carlo' , 'Mother of Pearl' and 'Madre Perle'. Harder (and more brittle) than granite. This particular quartzite does not appear to etch.

Fabricated by Wolf Granite in Philadelphia.

Flooring; Ceramic Tile with metal infused into it. Purchased at Artistic Tile in 6 x 24s.

Handles: Purchased at www.myknobs.com - amazing pricing compared to other sources.

Faucet: Danze Parma pull down faucet in stainless steel purchased on ebay.

Sink: Stainless steel, zero radius apron sink purchased on ebay.

Backsplash: Tao toffee purchase at www.glasstilestore.com

Here's a close up of the ceramic floor. You can see the metalic sparkles from close up only. From the dining room you can't tell, but when you are actually on the floor you can see the sparkles.

Here's a pic of the two seams at either side of our sink (we picked a small slab).

and the quartzite slab before fabrication:

Comentarios (6)

• starpooh
    hace 14 años

Hi hobokenkitchen - may I add your new kitchen to the FKB? If so please submit the FKB Category Checklist. Thanks! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

• mtv20
    hace 14 años

If you do't mind my asking...is quartzite more expensive than granite or marble?

• basianov
    hace 14 años

We just installed Mother of Pearl quartzite for our perimeter kitchen counters, too. I really love all of the beautiful veining! How is yours holding up so far?

• hobokenkitchen
    Autor original
    hace 14 años

starpooh - absolutely - just submitted the form!

mtv20 - our quartzite is more expensive than many (most?) granites, but less expensive than many marbles. There are definitely more expensive exotic granites out there, but also far less expensive options. Sorry I guess that doesn't really answer your question! : )

basianov; it's holding up great - no etching or scratching so far.

• EBirdy
    hace 13 años

Hoboken,

Love how the rug in the eating area picks up the colors in the backsplash. What a nice way to tie the two rooms together.

• D Ahn
    hace 12 años

Awesome! Love your kitchen. It's stunning! I especially love the tall pullout pantry... I see it's a standard side mount slide, probably heavy duty. How is that working out as far as ease of operation?

My wife and I are in the planning stages of a kitchen remodel, modern style with quartz (man-made) slab counters. I'm looking at these Fulterer slides (fultererusa.com/misc/fr777_catalog_page.pdf). It looks super heavy duty and I read they work great, but you do lose some height (2" on top, 4" on bottom), unless you notch the toekick, which I'm loath to do. I suppose ergonomically the bottom 4" is probably useless anyway. The great thing is they come in sizes allowing up to 42.7" of travel, which is like having almost twice the pantry space as a standard 22" slide! We will be opening up our 6'W x 3'6"D walk-in pantry and using 47" deep pull-out pantries to triple our pantry space (the open area in a walk-in is dead space). The down side is these are over $300 a set x 4 pullouts (including a soft close option).

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.