Houzz Logo Print
decadeofrenovations

New shower-using only handheld shower on slide bar

decadeofrenovations
hace 15 años

I am adding 2 baths to an addition, and plan to use only handheld showers on slide bars, Moen 3867, no wall-installed shower head. Any caveats? My reasoning is that I wish to have the flexibility of the slide bar so children can shower as easily as a tall adult, with the shower height adjustible. I also am concerned about water conservation. I like a hand-held to make it easier to clean the shower/tub, as well as making it easier to direct water flow to rinse hair and body. Your thoughts?

Comentarios (8)

• hendricus
    hace 15 años

We just replaced our tub, shower head, faucet and surround. Went with handheld on a bar and love it. The handheld can be used to rinse the tub, something we were unable to do before.

• decadeofrenovations
    Autor original
    hace 15 años

I'm glad to hear that you love the handheld; I'm sure I'll love it. I'm wondering if I'll regret not putting in the fixed shower head in addition to the handheld on the slide bar. I don't see why we will need a fixed if the handheld shower does the same job, and I'm looking for validation or dissenting opinions!

• susan631
    hace 15 años

I am getting the same set-up. Just the handheld on the bar, no fixed head. As you mention, flexibility for kids and cleaning convenience are the same reasons I want it. I see no reason whatsoever to add a fixed showerhead to the setup. When the handheld is on the bar, it functions the same way as a fixed head, so I don't see the point of having a separate fixed head. My old bathroom had a cheapie Waterpik handheld. It was not on a slide bar, so there was no height adjustment, but when used in the stationary position, it provided the exact same shower experience as any fixed head I've ever used. The pressure on that thing was pretty great, and I would expect that my new Grohe handheld on the bar will function just as well or even better. I don't think you'll regret not getting a fixed head. In my opinion, it seems very unnecessary to have both. However, if others have dissenting opinions, I'd love to hear them as well.

• andee_gw
    hace 15 años

I do like my hand-held on the sliding bar. But it's at a different angle than a fixed shower head. I miss getting directly under a shower head and letting it pound directly down on me (without my holding it). I had originally planned to get both, but the plumber....

• conn123
    hace 15 años

great thread, decadeofrenovations...was wondering same thing myself, esp for two kids' (well, older kids) showers. i've heard that handhelds do not offer the same pressure as fixed, though susan631 has different experience. anyone else have thoughts? andee, not sure i understand about the angle...can't it be adjusted?

• kerrygw
    hace 15 años

I recently posted something similar, as I had the same concerns. We decided to just go with the handshower/slide bar (with no fixed showerhead) - we got a Hansgrohe, and the attachment on the bar allows you to adjust the angle. It's not installed yet so I can't attest to the performance, but it looks great in the box! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Handshower link

• bluekitobsessed
    hace 15 años

I'm following this thread with interest, as my mom will want a handheld. Two questions:
    1. Brands -- do all major mfrs make them and what's preferred?
    2. Does anyone think it would negatively affect resale value or turn off buyers? The shower will be installed in the downstairs bathroom, which is also the powder/guest bathroom (i.e., the one that has to look nice at all times).

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.