Houzz Logo Print
snikalfritz

What color to paint this dresser?

snikalfritz
hace 11 años
I just bought this really neat dresser. I love the shape! I planned to paint it black or white but am rethinking that after looking at some great picture of dressers on here. What do you all think of a metallic silver?

Comentarios (16)

• PRO
    Beverly Vosko Interiors and Remodeling
    hace 11 años
    I agree! It is a lovely piece You could also paint it a soft light grey and use a slightly darker grey overlay for the raised details to emphasize those details and create an updated old world style
  • PRO
    Bella Casa | Wolfcreek Construction
    hace 11 años
    I think that's also a fantastic idea. Beverly, I think we shoud consult on some things as we share similar ideas.
  • snikalfritz
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Wow, thank you! Love both of those ideas! I am a little nervous about glazing the inlays, I tend to have a heavy hand, but I definitely want to accentuate them!
    hace 11 años
    My coce is grey wh
    hace 11 años
    Whoops, dont know what happened there!
    But my choice is a grey wash over the fantastic wood..paint it grey , rub it off to expose grain .
  • elcieg
    hace 11 años
  • snikalfritz
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    LOL!! Judyyg, that was the exact picture I was thinking of for the metallic silver!!
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    I'm glad you liked both ideas- as do I. I also love Bella Casa LLC's idea of a metallic finish. Metallic finishes are fabulous! It just depends on whether you want to create a bit more contemporary look or a more traditional look with a twist- but I think they will both look great! Last year I had several custom pieces made for a client including an updated version of a Hepplewhite Bowfront chest and updated them with a metallic finish. Here is a photo of that chest and another of that room, done for a 21 year old young woman for her 21st birthday. I would love to consult with Bella Casa LLC - lets keep in touch!
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Judyyg I love the photo you put up by Chris Jovanelly Interior...Not only do I love the metallic finish on the chest, I love the metallic walls and just did a similar metallic finish for a client for their bedroom and master bathroom walls and also their comforter. Great minds think alike
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    For some reason you cant see the finish on the walls correctly in this photo, but I think you can see it better in the photo of the master bathroom.
  • snikalfritz
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Beverly, those rooms are gorgeous! I love metallic paint and would use that on my walls but I have textured walls and have been unable to find a way to have a metallic finish look good on them.
    I had to laugh a little when I saw the room you did for the 21 year old. I am planning to put the dresser in our guest room which I painted with Martha Stewarts "aegean blue".
  • bprince300
    hace 11 años
    Kind of a shame to paint over all that amazing detail. The center looks like a woman's bodice and the entire piece a curvaceous woman - it is very sensuous looking and beautiful - I do love metallic on a bombe chest, but in this case would decorate my room around the piece rather than trying to make it fit a modern palette.
  • PRO
    Monique Jacqueline Design
    hace 11 años
    Love the idea! You could do a light grey and then the metallic over the inlay to highlight the inlay!
    Cheers!
    m.
  • PRO
    Bella Casa | Wolfcreek Construction
    hace 11 años
    Loving all the creative energy! Everyone is a contributor. Beautiful stuff!
  • PRO
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.