Houzz Logo Print
batesy82

Master Bedroom - What's missing?

Adam
hace 11 años
What is missing on this wall? Is the picture too small? Could something else make it look complete?

The second picture is the print we are waiting on...in the mean time we have the cheap print over the bed just to have something. The accent colors tie in much better with the second picture.

Comentarios (8)

• uhoh_busted
    hace 11 años
    The picture above the bed is too small. No matter which one you use, you might consider framing it and using a matte around the photo that is about 3-4 in wide and using wider frame material. It just needs to be bigger. I've been known to spend $300 framing a $5 print that I love, which ends up looking spectacular. You probably don't need to spend THAT much, but it really is worth it if you love the photo/painting/graphic you want to keep in your life for many years.
  • Faireden
    hace 11 años
    Yes, it is too small. To fill it out consider a gallery look you might like it so much that you decide to hang the new one where you can see it when you wake up. Funny how the paint on the first one is not too far off from yours
    'Anthropologie' inspired loft · Más información
    the next one is quite interesting
    Masterpiece Design Group · Más información
    When you look at these notice that the side tables are at least as high as the bed. In the third example an article on designing a gallery wall, which is pretty much how I do it, it's basically fool proof.
    Gallery Wall · Más información
  • Adam
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    @Faireden I am not a fan of gallery work at all. We like landscape photography and are going to stick with that over the bed 100%. However, I do really like the accent trim work in the second example you gave.

What if I went with a bigger, chunkier frame, and added the trim work above our night tables?
  • uhoh_busted
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    20 years ago, we somehow ended up with a book of Winslow Homer water color prints. I framed three of them from a "florida" series he did. The quality of this photo does not do them justice (particularly re the colors in the palm tree print), but here are two we have displayed on a wall opposite our bed. what a beautiful thing to see when you wake up in the morning!
  • uhoh_busted
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    Batesy82-- maybe you could use both of your landscape photos...work with a framer who can help make them work together, and yes...with more substantial framing. Re-reading your posts, I see the one you really want to use is the second. Yes. The colors are better. Do visit a good framer (you may want to visit a couple, because sometimes you just find someone who thinks like you do...) and expect to spend more on the framing, matting, etc than you did on the print.
  • Elise
    hace 11 años
    The picture is too small, hope your new one is bigger? You need taller nightstands and taller lamps too.
  • Faireden
    hace 11 años
    Yes, I was actually thinking of something similar but couldn't think of how to convey the vision! I love the idea. I really like the color of the lamp shades against the the color of your wall. Quite beautiful!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.