Houzz Logo Print
ileana_george

Hi, I JUST MOVED TO THIS HOUSE, IN ORLANDO,FL AND i NEED HELP TO BUILD A ROOM/OFFICE/GEST ROOM

Ileana George
hace 11 años
We just moved to this new remodeled house and we need another room, now that Oliver, my second son, is here he is 3 weeks old and his brother, Lanen is 4 and 1/2.
This room would be an office/guest room, opening from livingroom, with french door. at least we figured out the location and the entry door.
My big problem is the roof shape, in order to mach with the rest of the house.

Should we ripp of the livingroom roof, too? Or part of it? we can't figured out, PLEASE HELP! THANKS, ILEANA
ILIG@COMCAST.NET

Comentarios (7)

• Ileana George
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    hI, I ADD A COMMENT TO THE PICTURE: THE SECOND PICTURE IS THE PLACE WHERE WE WOULD LIKE TO ADD A ROOM, IN THE CORNER IN BETWEEN LIVING ROOM AND ANOTHER BEDROOM WE HAVE
  • houssaon
    hace 11 años
    I'm confused where are you thinking of putting this new room?
  • Ileana George
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    YES, i NEED ANOTHER ROOM/OFFICE, GUEST ROOM. wE FIGURED OUT WOULD BE IN THE BACK OF THE HOUSE WERE IS LIKE A CORNER, TO BUILT A ROOM ALREADY HAVING 2 WALLS: LIVING ROOM AND OUR OTHER BEDROOM. WE CAN'T FIGURED OUT THE ROOF, WHAT SHAPE, SHOULD WE RIPP THE LIVINGROOM ROOF, TOO?
  • lefty47
    hace 11 años
    HI --- houssaon is right -- you have to get an architect involved because your add on might involve a whole new roof to balance the addition with the rest of the house . With this addition this may be the chance to raise the roof and have some vaulted ceilings that will make some of the rooms feel bigger.
  • Ileana George
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thanks so much. that's exactly what I was thinking, because there are too many slops for this roof.
    I wanted to make sure this is the way to go, for this remodeling,thanks
  • PRO
    Synergy Custom Builders
    hace 11 años
    Get the right architect involved to make sure that whatever you are adding on doesn't look like an afterthought when finished. That roof doesn't seem to difficult to tie in. Good luck with your project!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.