Houzz Logo Print
sammyyummy

Lavender Turning Brown & Withered?

sammyyummy
hace 11 años

Hi.
My mom gave me some lavender plants.
They were planted in well draining soilless mix, and exposed to lots of sun (and heat).
I water them sparingly and keep the soil from becoming too wet for prolonged periods of time (read that lavender hates getting their root soaked). I water every other day when the soil becomes dry.
I have had them for 3-4 months now but have noticed them to have lost vigor : they're not of a healthy green color but somewhat pale green to almost brown grey, with the stems turning dark brown as well.

Are they a goner?
What am I doing wrong?
Please help. I had no success growing them from seeds for a year hence they were given to me; first time herb gardener here.

Thanks

Comentarios (9)

• fatamorgana2121
    hace 11 años

Can you share a photo of your plants? Photos help tell a lot of the story and what might be happening.

That said, lavender can often be various shades of grey-green but brown is not a healthy color. It is the color of dead foliage. Potted plants can get baked - literally - in their pots. I see you are zone 11, perhaps the pots are getting too much heat and you are cooking your plants?

FataMorgana

• sammyyummy
    Autor original
    hace 11 años

IVe included pictures for your assessment. Please keep your insights coming.

• sammyyummy
    Autor original
    hace 11 años

an up close view

• sammyyummy
    Autor original
    hace 11 años

an up close view, the one on the far right is the one im worried about.

• rpwoodard
    hace 6 años

Sammy, are you still around? Were you able to save your lavender plants? I'm experiencing the same symptoms.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    hace 6 años

I think most of the issues above can be attributed to growing the plants indoors. Lavender is not a houseplant and will not thrive under standard indoor conditions anywhere for very long.

• PRO
    Debra Collins Realtor Exit Best Realty
    hace 6 años

My lavender died also. Same as above. This is the 2nd time around for me. I used play sand with some potting soil to plant in. Pot is outside. I watered it well. Zone 6.

• Aaron Kovac
    hace 4 años

I too have a Lavander turning brown. I bought them 2 weeks ago here in Austin, Texas. ive Been keeping them in direct sunlight most of the day after repotting, but think they may have been over watered after planting. I drilled holes in the bottom of the pot to allow them to breathe/drain but now I can’t be sure if they were over watered or not watered enough. I used regular potting soil from Home Depot. not sure if they’re gone or can be saved.

Will post pictures for reference in a couple hours hours when I get back to the house.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.