Houzz Logo Print
krupadesai

Help me with the wall behind this canopy

krupadesai
hace 9 años
We recently bought this moroccan daybed. We have it against a wall but the window on that wall is not in the center. I do not have any other wall in that room to put this daybed. I have red curtains over the brown shades. M planning on getting rid of the curtains. I desperately need help with how to decorate the wall behind the daybed and next to the window. Please help

Comentarios (50)

• PRO
    Decorating Den Interiors Team Tatera
    hace 9 años
    Neutral window coverings that blend in with the wall color would eliminate the wall as a focal point. Then, use colorful draperies on the daybed.
  • marilynellis
    hace 9 años
    Moroccan design as I understand it is all about saturated jewel colors and reflection of light using mirrors and metal and pendant lamps. As for the wall behind the bed, look for a Moroccan themed large mirror. There are some lovely ideas in Houzz photos under Moroccan themed rooms. Have fun with this!
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you, the bed already has draperies. The brown window shade cannot be changed coz other windows on the room have that too. M gonna take off the red drapery . I need suggestion keeping the brown shade in mind, about how I can work with area next to it, and do something to make it aesthetically symmetrical or compliant in some way with the shade.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Like the idea of the mirror. Was looking into that. Can u help me with suggestions on what shape and color and size. The total length of the canopy bed is 8 ft.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    These are some of the mirrors I liked
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    This is another one
  • marilynellis
    hace 9 años
    Symmetrical is a western concept, not eastern. It does not need to be symmetrical. Honor what it is. A large mirror next to the window will have equal weight and will balance the space.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    This is the wall exactly across from this canopy in the same room. It is a rectangular room and these are on the two short sides of the rectangle in the room. The fireplace is on one long side and other long side opens into the kitchen.
  • marilynellis
    hace 9 años
    The mirror envision for this space is called a "quatrefoil". There are numerous photos in the Houzz photo section. These mirrors are often found in TJ Maxx, home goods and pier 1 as well as lamps plus and many online stores. One of my favorite mirror shapes.
  • happyleg
    hace 9 años
    The bed can't go here at the light? That can be at the head of bed.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    No, coz the tv goes there.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Should it be I big quatrefoil or multiple small ones or two long ones? Should I try to do bronze gold frame with wood?
  • Anne
    hace 9 años
    Can you attach drapes to the back of the bed, completely covering the wall behind it? Or cover the entire wall behind the bed in drapes? You could also hang a mirror on the wall over the drapes.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Something like this?
  • Geneviève
    hace 9 años
    My idea would be to cover the wall and window with a very full sheer and then ...hang over it either a mirror or a picture to get the same view as the picture from the store .
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Was thinking of the sheer once I get rid of the red curtains. But that will might get too involved right now. Plus I think hanging a mirror on sheer curtains will be tough. M thinking if somehow I could create the Venetian plaster look using wall paper in a small rectangle and than put quarterfoil mirror on it, would that look good?
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Attaching drapes to the entire back of wall and daybed might make it too drapery, what do u feel, since it already has white linen on it
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Also was wondering can we paint the brown shades same color as wall? These are woven wooden shades to neutralize them?
  • arlzee
    hace 9 años
    Do not let the placement of the window be a negative. Cover the entire wall behind the bed with a drape using an interesting moroccan fabric and hang a reflective (metallic with cutouts; crystal) light fixture (hanging through the fabric above ther bed) that casts dispersed light or design on the ceiling and wall behind the bed.
  • groveraxle
    hace 9 años
    Hang a vintage Moroccan carpet or tapestry covering the whole opening behind the bed.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Arzlee, that is a good idea, how do u hang mirror over the drape
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Groveraxle, thank you, that is super helpful. How did u do that? Love it!! Thx you .
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Arlzee, I meant. Sorry About the typo.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    M
    Actually starting to like the idea about the drapery . Now m thinking how can u have a mirror hanging over it.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Also need another tip, m planning on getting bone inlaid ottomans to put with the bed, what color boneinlay will go best with this?
  • Barbara Almandarz
    hace 9 años
    Can you place the bed on an angle to the corner of the room?
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    No, not enough room , I think. But that is a good idea.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    How do u photoshop to visualize the back wall with drapery? Pl help, so I can try out different options.
  • PRO
    Delahunt Homes, Inc.
    hace 9 años
    You really have to understand how the program works in order to actually use Photoshop to get ideas from it. It's not one of those programs that you just waltz into and ad things to it. It may be nice to drape some different fabrics around the back getting rid of the widow completely. If you are set on having the bed in this spot, and the widow is that much of an issue, you could always have the window taken out, and replaced with a solid wall. Or move the window over.
  • Barbara Almandarz
    hace 9 años
    Then balance the wall with two lovely moroccan style mirrors. Paint the walls a deep moroccan color. Daybed is beautiful.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Moving the window is huge project . We just bought a new house so that will not be possible. Thx for the idea
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    M thinking of getting beige throw blankets and try to cover the wall like how suggested to try it out
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thx Barbara and Delahunt homes
  • bonitamerkeley
    hace 9 años
    Definitely cover that back wall with one thing like tapestry or drapery or a hanging. It must be one flat plane because the bed is so interesting and the back wall must be one unit. Can you put a light ( LED with no heat) in behind that fabulous ceilng drapery?
  • Geneviève
    hace 9 años
    Toronto Restoration · Más información
  • Barbara Almandarz
    hace 9 años
    Careful that all that drapery (bed has a lot already) doesn't swallow up the room. Not sure how big/small the room is.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Room is 28x18 . Bed is on right 18 side and there is door right next to bed to go into the backyard. The other side had moulding and it looks like this
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    How would this look behind the sofa bed? Can it be photoshopped to see how it will look?
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    How can u hang mirror over this?
  • gmims
    hace 9 años
    Here are a few mirrors I found. Hope they give you some ideas :)
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    @ Gmims:)) thx. But how do I hang mirror over the tapestry? Or should I put it on the wall next to the window?
  • gmims
    hace 9 años
    I would not attach to tapestry, but rather suspend it by a hook or chain behind the canopy (hidden at top) and allow it to hang over the tapestry, that could possibly give it a floating affect.
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Will mirror embroidered tapestry be a good idea?
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Or using moroccan wedding blanket as tapestry
  • sandradclark
    hace 9 años
    I agree with a single flat hanging, such as the one you have shown, however why even try to add a mirror to this solution? These are two separate issues, huh? It can be done, but why complicate it. Your idea is to unify the right side behind the daybed with the left side behind the daybed, Right? If so, just make sure the piece you use is heavy enough so that the light from the window side does not create a difference with the right side..
  • krupadesai
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Yes thank you sandradclark.
    Now m trying to figure out what kind of covering should I use to unify the wall
  • PRO
    Rooms About You Design Studio
    hace 8 años

I have an entirely different idea which incorporates "Feng Shui Eyes", and a decorating perspective. Moroccan design is all about color, pattern and texture. I would find a great Ikat design curtain in bright colors that you can tie back. I would find a pattern of coordinating wall paper, or better yet, stencil the wall to perpetuate the patterns and color of the curtains. In addition, I would find textured and patterned bedding that supports the walls and drapes. In Feng Shui we believe that a mirror in that space next to the bed will keep you awake and you'll suffer from poor sleep. Feel free to ask me questions-roomsaboutyou@gmail.com

Take a look at design books about Morrocco. You'll get great ideas that way or do a search on Houzz.

• PRO
    S Mistry Interiors
    hace 8 años

Can you pull it out so it isn't right up against the window? Post more pics of the room

• rocketjcat
    hace 8 años
    Old post from Jan 2015
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.