frenchiecat

Curb Appeal

hace 11 años
I'm need some advice on the exterior of my home. Color, lighting, plants... Also, the front door has no protection from sun and rain would an awning work?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    hace 11 años
    Between the stone, garage door and siding, it's too vanilla. Simple fix would be to add shutters and paint the garage door to match. If it's not vinyl siding and can be painted a more complementary color to the stone/brick, that would be better, and then you can leave the soffit and fascia white and just paint the garage door the siding color for more contrast there. On landscaping, you need more height and more color especially under the single window to the left of the door. A mature tree would help too in the front yard with a surrounding bed. Then you could install up-lighting under the tree and taller landscaping by the house. For the front door issue, you could add another texture in the form of a cedar pergola to protect from the sun. Adding a tinted polycarbonate on top of the pergola will help with the rain. Then paint or stain the pergola to keep it's beauty.
  • hace 11 años
    The siding is not vinyl and I would love to paint it and the garage door any suggestions for color?
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    You definitely need to improve your landscaping with 3 young trees and some curved flower/shrub beds. The garage could be greatly improved by changing those tiny light fixture to something in a dark finish and in the 20" tall range. And I agree with AARCON about painting the garage door the siding color. I would only add shutters to the window on left side of house and to one on the garage.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.