Houzz Logo Print
kris1958

Finishing a hallway

kris1958
hace 9 años
The hallway is almost done. I just need a picture over the console table (which is ordered) and something for that little corner beside the stairs. There isn't enough room of a bench and I already have a floor vase by the front door. I thought a coat tree always looks so messy. Any ideas or should I just leave it as it is?

Comentarios (13)

• mriege
    hace 9 años
    I would put a live plant in the space. It could be a tree or a plant on a table.
    http://houzz.com/photos/1663247
    kris1958 agradeció a mriege
  • kris1958
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    We had a live tree right by the front door, where the floor vase is now, and it died. There is no sun at all! I was thinking of some type of floor sculpture?!?
  • acm
    hace 9 años
    Umbrella stand? Less messy and more decorative than a coat tree, while still useful...
    kris1958 agradeció a acm
  • sandradclark
    hace 9 años
    You could hang a spectacular narrow piece of framed art at eye level. Mount it well so it won't be bumped as some one rushes by it. I guarantee your guests and you will enjoy it ever so much seen up close. I learned this from an Executive Fine Art Director whom I admired beyond words.
    kris1958 agradeció a sandradclark
  • kris1958
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you all for great ideas!!
  • PRO
    Natalie Wyatt – WDC Interiors
    hace 9 años
    A plant or vase will work. I think you need to go larger in scale. I would also change rug with a rug with more color. The current rug is blending with the floor.
    kris1958 agradeció a Natalie Wyatt – WDC Interiors
  • debzu
    hace 9 años
    would the hall table fit better in that little space on the opposite wall (the stairs wall) near the other doorway?
    kris1958 agradeció a debzu
  • debzu
    hace 9 años
    i love the two level table with candles and starfish, very simple, but striking
  • debzu
    hace 9 años
    see, there's an outlet on that other wall, and that could mean a hall table lamp for mood and welcoming
  • kris1958
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    The space is too narrow for the table-and I have tried quite a few tables! What do you think about a tall(maybe 5' or so) thin sculpture?
  • debzu
    hace 9 años
    Oh yeah, wicked! :)
  • kris1958
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    That's what I thought debzu!!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.