gerryhackett

Comments from the homeowner

gerryhackett
hace 11 años
This is a photo of my husband's bath which Bry transformed for us. I can confirm we both love it, and it still looks great & current even though the reno was done in 2004.

To answer a few more questions: The shower enclosure is custom. The door is 28", side panel 18 1/4" and the panel between the shower & tub is 45 1/2". Yes, the same basket weave floor tile extends into the shower. Cabinets are white.

On tub is safety for a spry 87 year old: the tub deck height is 31". I think it depends on whether you have space to build a couple of steps with a grab rail, and can position the tub so that you'd step onto the bench seat. We had room for one step and we set it up with the bench at the back, so my husband can watch the TV Bry installed.

I'd like to add that this space started as a small, uninspired hall bath. Bry stole space from an adjacent bedroom, and not only did the design but she project-managed this for us, bringing in a general contractor for the construction and painting contractors (we renovated another bath, had the whole house painted, and a few other touches). We were very happy with the process as well as the result, and have worked with Bry on subsequent projects.
Traditional Bathroom, Austin, TX · Más información

Comentarios (8)

• betsyweisberg
    hace 11 años
    Love it!
  • Emily H
    hace 11 años
    I love the floor tile you used!
  • hiensch
    hace 11 años
    Can you tell me where you got the tub? Love the concept!
  • Charlotte Burt
    hace 10 años
    Also would like to know brand of tub.
  • gerryhackett
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Americh. Though I just checked the website & don't see that tub. I'd recommend contacting Bryanne Prichett, (BRY Design), the awesome designer who found it for me. Gerry
  • laurenfr
    hace 9 años
    Hi, thank you for your detailed description. It's very helpful. I would like to do the same soaking tub/shower combination, though I'm not sure I have quite enough room. Can you tell me the length (from wall to wall) and width (from wall to outside edge) of your shower/tub combo.? When I add up the measurements you gave previously (and I'm guessing the tile around the tub is a couple inches on each side), I think it's 7 1/2' x 4'. Is that right?
  • gerryhackett
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    The bathroom is 94" wall-to-wall outside of the shower, but we stole an extra 10 inches from the back of a closet in an adjoining room, so the tub/shower section is 104" to the back of the tiled storage nooks. The width including tiling is 4'. The step is an additional 1'.

The shower is very generously sized. I think fitting the same concept within 7 1/2' would work. BTW, there is also an access panel to the tub motor and plumbing from the adjacent room on the left (in the bottom of a built-in bookcase). We've never had to use it, but I recommend you plan for access in your design. Good luck!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.