heatherrockwellinteriors

Any suggestions for a window treatment for this window in the kitchen...not the best photo!

There is 10 3/4 inches above this window of wall space and I would like the window treatment to start at that point to elongate the window and create a more dramatic look... however, the moulding from the cabinets on either side of the window protrude out - making it impossible to do any of the window treatment that I would like. Does anyone have any suggestions??? I would like it to still be a modern look and I also have to tie in another window treatment above the sliding glass doors in that same room

Comentarios (21)

• PRO
    hace 11 años
    Could you also take a picture in the evening with the lights on so we can see other elements in the room such as cabinetry etc. They look dark brown is this so?
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    I like using relaxed or mock roman shades for this type of application, I would suggest a rich fabric that has the creams, golds and browns of your countertop, perhaps in a stripe. They can be mounted on a board with a return ( a return is the sides as they return to the wall)
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    I like to use woven wood shades - unlined. There are many light patterns and textures to choose from - my favorites have a linen look but are actually a natural fiber. They shelter you from bright sunlight without closing completely blocking your view, give you the allusion of privacy in the evening if our window faces your neighbors home and you feel on display, and all an interesting texture to a room.
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Wow both great suggestions! I like the idea about the cut out on the pelmet as well as the textured blind. I was thinking a textured blind below..but, your reason makes it even more valid. I also like the idea of a stripe..however my friend who I am trying to help already purchased the fabric and it is a geometric pattern...perhaps we can just have two stripes of plain brown fabric added vertically over the geometric pattern to create the same illusion to elongate the space....?
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    I would put a simple roman shade, not to distract from your beautiful tile, countertops and woodwork. Here is an example of a nice roman shade with a pressed fold to make it more elegant than a relaxed fold.
    Schwartz-and-Architecture-contemporary-bathroom-san-francisco
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Agree with roman shade suggestion, I like a flat roman. Mount the shade higher than your top trim piece. This will allow the shade pile to land just slightly into the top of the window so it doesn't cut off too much of your view. This will also elongate the window. Hope that helps. Charmean Neithart
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    thanks another great idea...you are all fabulous..I will relay the message.
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    I agree with a more simple approach for the shades.

Craftsman Charm · Más información
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Ethan Allen I looked at your profile and you show as the headquarters for Ethan Allen furniture and accessories. Not sure what this post is really about?
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    I have myself as Ethan Allen- however I have nothing to do with them anymore...I worked for one of their stores for 2 weeks. I am now independent...so I should probably change my title...!!!!
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Another option, not sure you want to do this, but you could cut that molding to allow something to fit behind it. I had a client like this recently and we re-configured the molding to look professionally done, where it becomes flat to the cabinet at the point where the wall meets the cabinet, thus allowing for a regular roman, woven shade or whatever you want. It seems like a lot of trouble, but will look better than cutting out the pelmet. Good luck
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    You might try the free app from Bali Blinds so you can compare different products and get a feel of what would work best in your space.
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Hi, I thought of you when I posted this on Pinterest. Use a tension rod in between the cabinets, and if that isn't tall enough make a "ruffle" that extends above the tension rod. The treatment would not have to be gathered at all- you could just shape it to the size and profile you want and just use the tension rod to get it up there. Look at picture attached
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Cellular shades with a top down bottom up feature, plantation shutters or wood blinds may work very well in that setting.
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    Definitely cellular shades, get T-Handles for your cranks to make them more low profile. Then you can do a simple valance at the top if you'd like. Get fabric samples on our site for free! http://cellularwindowshades.com/samples.html T-Handles are on our site too! http://cellularwindowshades.com/t_handles.html
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    The one consideration when looking at this window is the need for something that can get wet. I would recommend going with PVC Shutters.

http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/shutters-toronto/pvc-polysatin-shutters.html
  • hace 11 años
    Would you consider attaching your hardware to your ceiling instead of the wall or cabinets?
  • PRO
    hace 5 años

Looks very dark in your kitchen. Agree with ASAP blinds for shutters. Privacy, full open when you want, cleans easily and when the finish begins to wear they can be repainted.

• hace 5 años

This post is 6 years old

• PRO
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Thanks leelee! :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.